Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Latest Nightmare

cooltoys1

This one sucked, nothing fit right, very warped panels, air bubbles and everything else. Hours of sanding to make things flat, but paint went on nice. Code AA Tuxedo Black.

If i were to do a real 1:1, this is how i see it.

68biscayne10.jpg

68biscayne12.jpg

68biscayne15.jpg

Edited by cooltoys1

Thanks for all the praises on the "Black Nightmare" If anyone has this car planned in their future, contact me, Ill give you some do's and suggestions.

I did the interior in Testors Flat Red #1250, and after it dried, i dusted all the pieces with a gloss clear from real far away, to add a little texture.

Thanks!

Jay

Thanks for all the praises on the "Black Nightmare" If anyone has this car planned in their future, contact me, Ill give you some do's and suggestions.

I did the interior in Testors Flat Red #1250, and after it dried, i dusted all the pieces with a gloss clear from real far away, to add a little texture.

Thanks!

Jay

That turned out with that tough look to it!! :D I can hear the rap of that big block thumping away and the smell of turbo blue!!

Very nice work. Shame it 'aint real. Nothing like a 427 "Biscuit" to catch the unwary at the lights.

I'm still not sure how these would have fooled anyone?? The thump from the big block would be a dead give away!!

I'd still love to get my mits on a L79 67 chevy II 4 speed!! That little 327 would womp most big blocks!! Solid lifter, domed pistons......................... :lol: I have to calm down down :lol:

What's goin' on...

Well done. A friend of mine has a 1967 Capris 327 400 turbo bucket seats ratchet shifter. Light blue w/ a black vynal top restored 100% factory stock. Driving it normal it's a serious sleeper. Punching it that thing comes to LIFE!!! The way you built yours reminds me of that one obviously not the exterior/interior colors but the stance rims and so on.