Model Cars Magazine Forum

Your Mom's Car

Terry Jessee

91mom-vi.jpg

This is Revell's Caprice police car, done as a '91 with resin wheel covers from All-American Models. I had to fill a lot of mounting holes, including the spotlight mount in the left A-pillar. That one requires that you not only fill the hole, but recarve the chrome trim strip that's interrupted by the spotlight.

Otherwise, it's just out of the box.

Terry

Terry, if ya'd have bult it as an SS, then it woulda been MY car!( My Mom usedta drive Lincolns :rolleyes: ) Looks good though. :lol::lol:

Well, there's an SS, too.

94impalass-vi.jpg

And in answer to the other questions, this is probably about six or seven years old. The wheelcovers are resin, from the now-defunct All-American Models.

Terry

Nice builds! I like the way you took it to a base vehicle.

Nope, not my mother's car either... She drives one of these:

crown_vic.jpg

Unfortunately, it's MY car since her Caddy is broke and has been for a couple of years now. I'm beginning to believe it's never coming home again... :)

-Scott H.

91mom-vi.jpg

This is Revell's Caprice police car, done as a '91 with resin wheel covers from All-American Models. I had to fill a lot of mounting holes, including the spotlight mount in the left A-pillar. That one requires that you not only fill the hole, but recarve the chrome trim strip that's interrupted by the spotlight.

Otherwise, it's just out of the box.

Terry

That build reminds me of the car in the brochure. Nice job, Terry.

Charlie Larkin

Sharp build...when that kit first came out, I built one in a similar color w/ red interior and used the kit hubcaps.

Alas, there aren't any kits out there that I could use to replicate my Mom's current cars ('96 Lincoln Town Car, '05 Navigator). Though I've built a kit like one of her older cars ('67 Cougar).

It was inspired by the car in the '91 Caprice introductory brochure. Unfortunately, that's too big for me to scan. But you're right.

Terry

Very cool, and I haven't looked at mine in years, but I remember that picture. What paint did you use to make the maroon interior, it looks absolutely dead-on when thinking of the maroon interior in my mother's Cutlass and a few Caprices I saw new.

Charlie Larkin

Very cool, and I haven't looked at mine in years, but I remember that picture. What paint did you use to make the maroon interior, it looks absolutely dead-on when thinking of the maroon interior in my mother's Cutlass and a few Caprices I saw new.

Charlie Larkin

Floquil Erie-Lackawanna Maroon--it's a model railroad paint.

T

Unfortunately, it's MY car since her Caddy is broke and has been for a couple of years now. I'm beginning to believe it's never coming home again... :)

-Scott H.

Doesn't happen to be a Catera, by any chance...?

Well now, aren't they all fords? Just like from the movie "Postman", there was a, Ford-Lincoln-Mercury, dealership in that movie ;) haha

They're Ford products but a Mercury or Lincoln is not a Ford. That's why they have entirely different names! There are Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealers, and Pontiac-Buick-GMC dealers, but nobody confuses, say, a Pontiac G6 with a GMC C4500! :lol::lol:

Terry- is there a link to your pictures anywhere? I've scanned Fotki and Photobucket endlessly and have found zilch!

Edited by Chuck Most