Model Cars Magazine Forum

'50 Austin Gasser

S. Svendsen

VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!! But here is a serious question - no joking - but what would it be possible to build even a curbside factory stock looking Austin? I have liked those little cars ever since I was a kid when my dad had one as a loaner while he was getting the engine on his station wagon rebuilt. It was a little black four door and it was a hoot to ride around in. I've always thought that it would be neat to build one. Actually, it's kind of a shame that all of the small English and European cars like the Thames panel, the little old Fiat, and even the American built Henry J were never offered in stock form. :(:huh::P

For Gary, this is the only kit from Austin, I think. So this is the only way to build one. I would like to build stock Austin too, but I would like to build gasser Austin too, of course!

This model is looking very good, that painjob is very nice and decals are perfectly into body shapes, great job! B) But, any pics from the engine...?

Guest Johnny

Pssst! It's really an Altered!laugh.gif

Cool looking Gasser! Great looking paint and decal work! Never saw one done in black before and it really pops!cool.gif

I can remember these kits from back when I was a kid and they first came out! I must have ruined three trying to build them. They were rather difficult for the inexperienced builder!

I wonder if I can ruin another one!wink.gif

I'm really seriously considering buying one of these just for the decals and the skinny Pirellis!

I noticed on your website the model was originally built with no windows. Do you do this because it's easier to Photoshop in reflections without them than trying to control them when taking photographs with them? Does that question make any sense? :huh:

VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!! But here is a serious question - no joking - but what would it be possible to build even a curbside factory stock looking Austin? I have liked those little cars ever since I was a kid when my dad had one as a loaner while he was getting the engine on his station wagon rebuilt. It was a little black four door and it was a hoot to ride around in. I've always thought that it would be neat to build one. Actually, it's kind of a shame that all of the small English and European cars like the Thames panel, the little old Fiat, and even the American built Henry J were never offered in stock form. :):lol::)

It would take some work to that front clip to make it look less like a one-piece fiberglass unit and more like the real thing.

Here's a couple with steel hoods and fenders, or bonnets and wings, if we're speaking English English

court1.jpg

Austin.JPG

Edited by Brett Barrow

I noticed on your website the model was originally built with no windows. Do you do this because it's easier to Photoshop in reflections without them than trying to control them when taking photographs with them? Does that question make any sense? ;)

Actually, I originally left the windows out because I intended to clear coat the body after I decaled it. Later I decided it looked OK with the clear coat.

That is one way to cool build, great job.

The paint job and decals are fantastic.

I totally agree about the clour and the decals. The colour and style of those "High Roller" decals really caught my eye! They are a perfect combination of colour and style!!!!!! :(:lol::blink: