Model Cars Magazine Forum

We all have our likes and dislikes when it comes to car especially.

But in my opinion there isn't anything that can beat a 55 Chevy, 56 Chevy, 57 Chevy, 56 T-bird, 60,61 and 62 Chevy.

The styling was better.

The customizing possabilities were darn near endless.

That was a Canoe???!!!??? WOW. Great and really cool find!

Umm. No. Rather the project was at first to be a canoe, and then inspiration struck. Next think you know there is a chassis being built and then the body being built around it. The gas tank was wood (I'm sure there was a metal tank inside it) the grill, seats, floor, dash, etc ad nausium. He had wood examples out and spent a great deal of time explaining how he'd done certain things, the curve of the hood for instance. A very skillful fellow.

Johnsstuff125.jpg

Take the flames off and that looks like my second car I owned. 1st one I bought. I sold it to my nieghbor and he put running gear from a Mustang in. Anyone notice the Tach on the dash? A Zepher/Fairmont does not need a tach. I think I see another sleeper :lol:

Ok, glad I'm not the only one who was seeing a tach there :lol::lol:

Here are a few more from over the past few weeks. Up first is a truck used to raise money for breast cancer research in the form of a raffle. They raffle it off per race. The winner gets to go race the truck in a mud race. Then it's auctioned off again. I think it's a cool idea.

A very cool idea indeed. I'll suggest this to the BriSCA for next year's Stockcar F1 tournament.

Here is a Land Rover

Of course, this would be an oddity over there. Hard to imagine when living in a country where they are so commonplace that they literally litter the roadside.

Johnsstuff125.jpg

Take the flames off and that looks like my second car I owned. 1st one I bought. I sold it to my nieghbor and he put running gear from a Mustang in. Anyone notice the Tach on the dash? A Zepher/Fairmont does not need a tach. I think I see another sleeper :)

Or a Pep Boys Special! :lol:

Forget the tach, I have a hard time imagining one of those smoking my '71 Delta 88 even with a jet engine in it. :rolleyes:

Hey Carl,I remember we did a trade but I forget were your located,

looks like a lot of interesting cars where your from,I'm guessing must be a big city?

The Jag is sick,like I've said before,I wouldn't own a Donk but I can dig the movement.

And the Vette is pretty cool too,definitely different!

Edited by Greg Cullinan

i wonder how much that guy paid to totally ruin his 'vette? :o

this "donk" thing is hilarious, most of those got more ground clearance than my toyota land cruiser! what for, i have no clue!

did that monte carlo or whatever it is jump on its hydraulics and flip over? looks like it. would have been a moment to remember!

then we'll move on tho this even littler .... uhhh... yeah!

DSC03938.jpg

When I was a kid back in Pontiac, MI we had a King Midget and ours had the wooden doors on it! I so mad at my dad when he sold it to a co-worker of his!!

I'd sure like to find one of those some time as that sure brought back some fun times we had with that little car!! :)

Edited by tuffone20

When I was a kid back in Pontiac, MI we had a King Midgit and ours had the wooden doors on it! I so mad at my dad when he sold it to a co-worker of his!!

I'd sure like to find one of those some time as that sure brought back some fun times we had with that little car!! :)

Let me see if I have this straight ... back in Michigan you were the Midget King? B)

Are you sure you want one like this? It has no sun protection for your head.

ph34r.gif