Model Cars Magazine Forum

i ment american muscle classic cars. most japanese classics are also known as tuners cause how they mod them.

EDIT: and if you read what you highlighted, i did say IMPORTS/TUNERS/EXOTICS, and i ment any of those, yes including classic imports/tuners/and exotics!

EDIT AGAIN: come to think of it, i don't like many american cars, there is very few i do like, and i do mean the rare few i like!

Well to me they're all just cars, and I like cars.

Is it difficult for some tuner purists to accept the fact that many of these cars are now manufactured in the US, and thus technically "American" cars? When I bought my Ford Ranger, somebody said to me, "Yeah, it's nice, but too bad it's a Ford." I told him he could think of it as a Mazda, if that made him feel better. I can also think of a couple of American "classics" that are more rare, expensive and therefore, more exotic than the five or six Lamborghinis I've seen zipping around Scottsdale this month.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that American companies are building cars based on Japanese and European platforms and Japanese and European cars are being built in the US by Americans. It's become a big international mish-mash and now, to me at least, they're all just cars.

And I like cars! B)

Charlie,

I remember reading in Street Machine magazine (Aus publication) a few years ago now, about an Aussie guy whose dream was to drive from New York to Los Angeles in his Valiant Charger which he had shipped over to the USA to live out his dream. I remember that he said he had a hard time convincing the locals that Chrysler Australia did produce a slant six Hemi engine,even got into a couple of arguments over it,but other than that everybody loved it. Cant remember whether or not he brought the car home with him or sold it while over there.

Tuffone 20, you just blew me away with the pic of the Aussie Valiant Charger. They are a rare sight on our roads these days and to see one Stateside is great. Has anybody else seen these in the USA?

Saw one many years ago at a local Mopar car show put on by the now renamed Koller Dodge, it was an american couple that brought it over here and was identical to the car on page 1.......with the exception of the plates though. Good looking car and I may have beenone of hte few that actually knew what it was at the time (there had been a few articles on them around that time in the Mopar rags.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Greg, that first car is an Australian Ford Falcon that had been brought to the states, and at some point in it's life been converted into the Mad Max Melbourne Police "Super" Interceptor ;)

I have seen one done up like Mad Max here in Phoenix years ago and I will say they are awesome to see with your own eye. I wish I had a camera back then.

I like this thread. I did not get many responses on my threads in 1:1. I will add more there from past shows but from now on I'll add here since a lot are playing along. Nice finds guys. Here is what I found today. An old fire truck for sale at a car lot, a bad boy Firebird. ( in the mirror and sorry guys I tried to line up with this car right for 6 miles and gave up :) ) Last is a horrible death row trip for a big bird (on the bottom ) I love the big T-birds so I was very frustrated here.

DSC05467.jpgDSC05469.jpgDSC05468.jpg

Here are a few more from over the past few weeks. Up first is a truck used to raise money for breast cancer research in the form of a raffle. They raffle it off per race. The winner gets to go race the truck in a mud race. Then it's auctioned off again. I think it's a cool idea. DSC05495.jpg

Here is a couple of Nova coupes. I love these cars and the sister cars. 0929100910.jpg0911001506.jpg

Here is a Land Rover 0928100926.jpg

And to finish off a group of Chevy trucks. 0925101103.jpgDSC05049.jpgDSC04647.jpg0821101240.jpg

This has been a year for me I wish I had a camera of the cool cars I seen this year but the D.O.T. might frown if they saw a tanker truck taking pictures while going down the road ;)

So for this year I have seen. Two Lotus Elise,Two Bentley Continental GT, 2 Rolls Royce, A 30's Cord. And today a Ford GT 40 . Its getting late in the season up my way I haven't seen a Ferrari or A Lamborghini yet

I see a few every year.

Edited by mredzadventure