Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ma's Resin

Thanks Bill.........I'll let you know when they are ready. I'm looking forward to the BAT car too.....I think they are really cool! After the Borgward I have a Facel Vega & a 1940 Sharknose Graham coming out. Here's the BAT 7 & the Mormon Meteor I:

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

Now, how about making those helmet fenders separate from the fairings, then a version of this bodywork as the car appeared on Bonneville Salt Flats in the late summer of 1935? Also, will you be making the two-stage supercharger, along with the "ram's horn" intake manifold which is dramatically different from the standard SJ intake as produced in the Monogram kit?

I assume this is to be a transkit for the Monogram Duesenberg SJ's?

Art

Now, how about making those helmet fenders separate from the fairings, then a version of this bodywork as the car appeared on Bonneville Salt Flats in the late summer of 1935? Also, will you be making the two-stage supercharger, along with the "ram's horn" intake manifold which is dramatically different from the standard SJ intake as produced in the Monogram kit?

I assume this is to be a transkit for the Monogram Duesenberg SJ's?

Art

Hi Art,

Both the Mormon Meteor I & III will be 1/24th to use with the Monogram kit. And I will make the engine parts for MM I & attempt to make the complete V-24 Curtis for the MM III.

Cuzzin AL! You SHORE DO KNOW how ta getta guys attention! Put me down for at least one Can-Am and a GTO! If all that's different is the nose, imma need BOTH! You da Man cuzz, if ya only KNEW how much I've wanted a 72 Can-Am. Heck, I'll take a GTO too! Let me know when they's ready an I'm THERE cuzz!!! I'm SOOOOOO happy right now, an Mammaw would be downright PROUD of you! ('sides, she allus did like you better!)

Amphicar ~ Great!

Mormon Meteor I, Mormon Meteor III ~ Greater!

Facel Vega ~ Wow!

BAT 7 ~ Awesome!

1940 Sharknose Graham ~ Awesomer!

'73 Grand Am/GTO ~ Most Awesomest!!!

Gonna have to mortgage the dog ... I gotta have some of this stuff!!

Whoa, Al ! Wow! That's a hella line-up!!

B)

Hi Art,

Both the Mormon Meteor I & III will be 1/24th to use with the Monogram kit. And I will make the engine parts for MM I & attempt to make the complete V-24 Curtis for the MM III.

Well. Alan,

Be aware that the Curtiss Conqueror aircraft engine was a V12, NOT a V24! I helped my uncle deliver a Conqueror crate motor to Purdue University's Aviation Technology school back in the early 1970's when my Uncle Charlie located it in Minnesota--for the restoration of the Curtiss P26 Biplane fighter they restored for the USAF Museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Fairborn, OH. BTW, that engine was installed in the Duesenberg chassis for the so-called Mormon Meteor II.

Art

Well. Alan,

Be aware that the Curtiss Conqueror aircraft engine was a V12, NOT a V24! I helped my uncle deliver a Conqueror crate motor to Purdue University's Aviation Technology school back in the early 1970's when my Uncle Charlie located it in Minnesota--for the restoration of the Curtiss P26 Biplane fighter they restored for the USAF Museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Fairborn, OH. BTW, that engine was installed in the Duesenberg chassis for the so-called Mormon Meteor II.

Art

Right you are Art! I was thinking of the 12 pipes on each side instead of the actual number of cylinders. :blink:

A Facel Vega? Awesome. The fastest car of its time! French design, Hemi powered - no way to lose. Unless you drive it into a tree.

Curbside? Chassis? Tell us more...

Hi Erik,

I need to do a bit more research on the Facel Vega to see what the chassis looks like. All kits will have the option of seperate panels; ie hood, trunk lid, doors so they can be built with whatever detail level you want. :)

Hey Chuck..........it's in the 2nd photo at the beginning of this thread. I'm working on the engine & photoetch right now. It will probably be the first to see the light of day. :D

Ah... the picture that for some reason wouldn't load until after you mentioned it. :lol: Anyway, glad to hear it- I'm good for at least a trio of those.

• 1 month later...

I used to have a 75 grand am, turned it into a Lemans after the original rubber nose piece vaporized into dust while traveling up I-135 one day. that day really sucked watching it simply blow away. Long before the UV protecting in the urethane was developed. Neat old A body GM's. Might just have to look into getting one of your castings for "old times sakes". BTW your products are great!