Model Cars Magazine Forum

My new favorite commercial

I like the commercial but what I don't get is, why hamsters??? :unsure:

The hamsters were used in the first Soul commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEcjtqYztdg

And the rapping hamster commercial isn't "new", it was on every 2 seconds back in the spring, then it went away (thank goodness) and now it's back on every 2 seconds again. Maybe it was a regional/test ad, and now it's national, or maybe the 2011 models are out?

Edited by Brett Barrow

The hamsters were used in the first Soul commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEcjtqYztdg

And the rapping hamster commercial isn't "new", it was on every 2 seconds back in the spring, then it went away (thank goodness) and now it's back on every 2 seconds again. Maybe it was a regional/test ad, and now it's national, or maybe the 2011 models are out?

Yeah, but why hamsters???? I don't get what hamsters have to do with cars? I "get" everything else about their commercials. Just puzzled why they use hamsters?

Yeah, but why hamsters???? I don't get what hamsters have to do with cars? I "get" everything else about their commercials. Just puzzled why they use hamsters?

Probably because somebody at the agency thought they would be cute and make the commercials more memorable. If they did the same exact commercial, but with people, nobody would be talking about it.

Probably based around the joke of how some "economical" cars were so weak that there were rodents on wheels powering them :D

Love the Hamsters. The hamster in the wheel would be symbolic of the the Soul's competition in the marketplace. The hamsters who have broken away from the wheel somehow have the wherewithall to pony up for the Kia, totally get it.

Hate the dipstick Scotsman, way overplayed and made no sense from any angle. My least favorite has to be the moron who whines for extra napkins after a shower of used motor oil at the drive in. Thank God that one is gone.

This is an odd place for this discussion, but my latest commercial dilemma is with a fairly normal redheaded "everywoman" that I've last seen in the new Burger king commercials for the Xbox giveaway. In one break I saw her in the BK ad, a prune ad and a shake weight ad. This lady must have been in thirty commercials over the last two years or so. Why this woman? How did she end up with so many and still remain anonymous? Why, why, why?

Why? Because Taco Bell already signed up the chihuahua.

Edited by Jon Cole

Dude, Hamsters, running in place in their hamster exercise wheels are the epitome ... the very icon ... of the "rat race." They present the non-verbal image that all the other drivers (not the cool, savvy, with-it playas in the Soul) are trapped in place in their unchanging, dismal existences in traffic while the cool dudes roll around in the Soul.

B)