Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aston Martin v12 Colors

Last night I watched on the History channel all the upgrades they made to this car, but what blew me away was the color. It was the most gorgeous light blue I've seen on any car.

Does someone know what color that is, or even better where to find the color number or formula?

Thanks in advance.

Five blue colors are offered: Slate, Midnight, Elusive, Celeste and Blue Sapphire. Slate is very dark, almost gray, and Midnight is also dark, but with fewer gray tones. Elusive is a light blue, with hues of green or teal added. Celeste is the lightest blue offered, and Blue Sapphire is slightly darker than Celeste.

Edited by Stasch

If it is the factory color, it is Mako Blue. It's very close to the Gulf Blue. As far as trying to get it, it's a brand new color and it may not be available yet. But I would try Jameston at Scale Finishes. He might be able to get a good match for you. Aston Martin is usually very tight lipped about their color codes.

Your best bet might be to go to a Aston martin dealership and ask. As has been said Aston doesn't readily give out their color codes but if you go to a dealership and politely ask and tell them your painting models they might help you out. Granted their version of help might be ordering a $500 dollar a pint can of paint.

Among all this cars in this Aston site, which is the one you meant? If its a light blue I saw there,I guess the Foundation Blue, made by Finisher's as an undercoat for colors like chrome will suit.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

You can see the color I am talking about here, although the one featured on the History Channel was not a racing car:

http://www.astonmartin.com/eng/gallery/videogallery

Edited by simonr

Well..Although he never answered my question, this is the car I think he meant on the video in the Nurburing link he posted.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Before more people post ice blue metallic Aston Martins, here's a link to show what the car in question looks like:

The Aston Martin On Top Gear

Or this:

aston-martin-v12-vantage-1-1024x683.jpg

Edited by simonr

Here's a spoon test from another forum seeking to replicate Petty blue, but also seems similar to my search for a certain Bugatti blue and possibly the Aston.

From left to right, Tamiya TS-23; Tamiya TS-10 and Testors 1208. Not shown as a potential choice: Model Master big bad blue.

BLUESPOONTEST.png

By the way, the site where I found this has a nice thread with lots of spoon tests:

http://www.randyayersmodeling.com/modelingforum/viewtopic.php?p=475905&sid=67ceb614ecd0c853fce94608db180319