Model Cars Magazine Forum

Adventures in soldering:Hot Rod Wrecker Project Update 2/1/15

My stomach hurts from laughing so hard. That may be the funniest thing I've seen on this site. :lol:

Rat rods excite me lol, there true blue collar hot-rods. I loved reading up on the youngsters in americas 50's culture that couldn't afford the fancy parts and paint so they built on a budget.

This build is trully amazing and sparks so much inspiration for me.

All I can say is that if this ever comes to a show within a 100 miles of me I will be there in a flash to see this and shake the hand that built it ...Hey I will want and autograph too. ;)

I'll spring for the cake....if you cover the Pepsi :D;)

I can only imagine how much time is spent on this great scratchbuild. There is a point where this model turned into "Art". That was probubly before you even started. An artist at work is a good way to describe what you are doing. I play music and there are levels of performance and yours looks to be "Meastro". I also paint oil paintings and am aware of the way experiance teaches the build process and steps taken in a build that have to be known to make a good end. Those steps I have found are not always what one may think they are at first. It takes alot of thought and time for sure! I can tell you are at a great point in your creativity. You obviously have been to the Rodeo a few times. This site has provided some very interesting things and knowledge for me. This build is at the top so far in my searches. I think alot of the guys would agree with me on that. Excellent sir. :D

Thank you Raul!!

Marshall, Appreicate the kind words.

Hi Jason, Need to build a gas tank first!!

Hello Luis, Seems like I'm going slower than ever now that I'm working on the cab B)

Hi Brad, Yes everything needs to open!

Justin, Thank you.

Hi Ron, Seems like every month I find something good in that mag!

Steve , Thank you!

Thanks Mike!

Hi Aaron, Gotta love Hot Rods :P

Hello Scott, Welcome aboard!

Thanks Evilone!

Hello Walt, Thank you my friend!

Hi Stasch, Thanks.

Hello Richard, Thank you so much for that, I read all the comments a couple of times and it helps to keep me going :)

Starting on the cab and the going is slow so this will not be a big update...

Using copper sheet with brass trim....

009-48.jpg

014-35.jpg

016-29.jpg

001-67.jpg

002-65.jpg

005-62.jpg

016-30.jpg

026-12.jpg

Made up a hardwood form for the roof. Will "heat and beat" some brass sheet to hopefully come up with a roof.

021-20.jpg

That is all for now, thanks for looking in :)

Randy

eek2.gif

savage... build..

thanks for shown and sharing your natural ability...

Brilliant ..!!!

I salute you..

clappingth11.gif

Edited by Boreham

The definition of artistry and craftsmanship are well defined in this thread.

Amazing work, congratulations Sir, you have earned the accolades.

Made up a hardwood form for the roof. Will "heat and beat" some brass sheet to hopefully come up with a roof.

021-20.jpg

That is all for now, thanks for looking in :lol:

Randy

Now your going to "heat & beat" some brass and make a roof...... thumbup.gif

Watch for my mass sell-off on e-Bay as I start my die-cast collection. Amazing.... You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Words...there are no words to describe this model work every time I see an update....but will try a few anyway....AMAZING,SPECTACULAR.WONDERFUL,SUPERB,INCREDIBLE,MAGNIFICENT,STUNNING,MINDBLOWING,BEAUTIFUL....and all similar description words one can imagine!!!!!!!!

This is truly a work of art and engeneering....you Sir. are a MASTER of this art form.