Model Cars Magazine Forum

Adventures in soldering:Hot Rod Wrecker Project Update 2/1/15

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing Bass for over 40 yrs. and when I see someone more talented than me play, I watch & learn. You can almost always take something home and apply it to your skill level. This is what a good teacher will achieve. Give you the tools.

There are several people on this forum whom posses not only the skills, but the patience to properly document and share their talent. I find the epic builds, such as Randy's, to be inspiring. Who knows, maybe in a future project I'll scratch-build a set of pedals for the interior. If that works out, I'll try something else more involved and, hopefully, progress. Give up building? Nah... Just get better by learning. Bill Geary is a personal friend and I've had the pleasure to watch many of his fantastic builds go together in person. Amazing what you can see, and learn. I thank all you guys with the skills for sharing.

Now where's our update Randy? PokeySmiley.gif

What I think I like most about this build(other than the shear perfection of the metal work) is the contrast between the natural metals. Looks very turn of the century. I hope Randy doen't decide to cover it all up with paint or something else. It is just killer in natural metal!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not subject matter that typically grabs me by the shorthairs, but this is fantastic. I hope that one day my accumulative efforts allow me to reach this point of obsessive-compulsiveness and craftsmanship. Truly inspiring work, Randy. Thank you for sharing it with us and I can't wait to see it continue.

• 4 months later...