Model Cars Magazine Forum

Adventures in soldering:Hot Rod Wrecker Project Update 2/1/15

Great to hear that Randy is Okay and The Rat Rod Wrecker is Back in business! This build is absolutely one of the bests, I've ever seen, great to see an update. B) New windscreen looks amazing, Keep Up The Good Work!

EDIT: Now I'm looking forward to see an update in Viper Doorcar thread too. :lol:B)

Edited by W-409

Hi Folks,

Brad, Thank you my friend :)

Thanks Clay

Thank you Rob!

Thanks Mike, Good to be back!

Thank you Greg!!

Ryan, Thank you!

Thanks Mark!

Chris, Thank you, with your skills you would be fine with the metal!

Hello Niko!! Thank you for the kind words, I will be getting back on the drag car also!

Hi David, thank you and I need to find and check your progress :)

update...

I have had a change in thinking as work resumed on this one. Going to go with a hot rod look as opposed to the rat rod that inspired me in the first place. I have been checking out reference pics of 1948 Diamond T trucks and decided to change.

Still going to keep the no front fender look and keep it low to the ground, just better looking paint :D :D

Some ref pics....

013-39.jpg

014-48.jpg

016-42.jpg

002-90.jpg

Top notch work! I'm in agreence with everyone else, excellent craftsmanship. I would love to be able to work with metal and shape it every which way but then to do it at such a small scale is even more impressive. Can't wait to see it all finished