Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mild Custom '61 Ford

Lyle Willits

For a change, I wanted to do a simple build (what is now called "curbside) like I did 50 years ago - without the brushed-on paint and the glue prints.

Except for the Modelhaus Radir wheels and the Bob Dudek lakes pipes, this is pretty much straight from the box, right down to the screws in the chassis. Paint is Duplicolor Orange Mist, top coated with Tamiya clear orange. Roof is Tamiya pearl white. Weird decals are right out of the box.

IMG_9857-vi.jpg

IMG_9845-vi.jpg

IMG_9849-vi.jpg

IMG_9855-vi.jpg

IMG_9858-vi.jpg

Nice 60's style Custom! I like the color and that paintjob, those decals fit nicely to that body. I like the tire and wheel combo too, lake pipes are also looking very very good. I like this one, thank you for sharing. ;)

As a kid growin up, there was a guy on the other side of the block from, me named Joe Gambino, who painted in that style, with the panels and shadowed edges. He painted for customizers like the Alexander Bros. and Chuck Miller. Your build is spot on for the early 60's! GREAT job!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Another beauty, Lyle! Great job! Brings back memories. I have that same Galaxie model from the 1960's, built stock. I have a stock Galaxie for every year from 1959 to 1970 (the 70 might be an LTD), that I saved from the old days. I discovered R/C airplanes in 1971, and didn't build model cars for 30 years. Now I build both!

Sam