Model Cars Magazine Forum

1949 Ford Custom 2dr

Thor

Hi

This is a project to test my new airbrush, never used an airbrush before so wish me luck :(

going with flames (masks from chris) and untraditional colors, copper, brown and black

well, here is where the car is at the moment.

klovholt_grendelag_014.jpg

klovholt_grendelag_015.jpg

klovholt_grendelag_024.jpg

Edited by Thor

Hi

thanks for nice words, but i cant take cred for the design, I used a sketch i found in Rod & custom done by Harry Bradley

later buildt by Sam Foose

P5160943-vi.jpg

But i`m building it the way i think it may look good.

The roof was "dropped" straight down and tilting the windshield and rear glass to match up with the roof, keeping the roof stock

The wheels are some Fujimi`s from the 90`s

I'd like to know about the chop as well. I have a 49 in the planning stages and I'd like to chop the top. Any advice you can give would be appreciated. Looks like you laid the windshield back some.

Hi

thanks for nice words, but i cant take cred for the design, I used a sketch i found in Rod & custom done by Harry Bradley

later buildt by Sam Foose

P5160943-vi.jpg

But i`m building it the way i think it may look good.

The roof was "dropped" straight down and tilting the windshield and rear glass to match up with the roof, keeping the roof stock

The wheels are some Fujimi`s from the 90`s

Looks like the front window / frame was not cut, just mated up to the fender/firewall....I like this one....The section really makes it low and mean :rolleyes::lol:

• 4 weeks later...