Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 69 Camaro ProMod

stump

The 4-link is getting a lot closer.

I fabbed up a triangulated centre bar, to aid in stabilization..It's not 100% accurate, but it should do the job.

Here's the pics of how it all looks now. Once painted, it should look right at home I hope. :)

DSCF8054-vi.jpg

DSCF8056-vi.jpg

DSCF8055-vi.jpg

DSCF8057-vi.jpg

DSCF8059-vi.jpg

Ok guys, when next you see things, some extra rear bar work should be in place. :)

No time this arvo tho, gotta get out and watch the F1 telecast. :rolleyes: ;)

Seeya all again before too long.

cheers

Greg

Bart, yeah....I guess it's back to front compared to how most mount the wishbone. ?? :unsure: But it seems to work ok, and stops any side to side movement. :)

The cross bar (between the upright mounts) is also glued, er...welded to the centre section of the diff. So there isn't any free movement nose to tail. I think that's right.

Thanks everyone. :)

Well, having made a start on the front struts, and knowing I have a kool set from Jim sitting here waiting........for the next build......

I decided to get a move on the rear strut/shocks.

These were made in a similar manner to the fronts, moving piston too, so they will function, if required..... ;) Oh, I threw some paint on 'em too.....

DSCF8079-vi.jpg

Bolted in place, I can get into some more bar work.......no, not drinking...... :rolleyes: :lol:

DSCF8081-vi.jpg

The mounting bolts are only temporary....I have some nickel plated ones cut to size, ready for final assembly....

DSCF8082-vi.jpg

And I started making mounts for the wheelie bar assembly....

The top bars will mount to the top of the diff centre.

DSCF8085-vi.jpg

That catches things up a bit guys...be back soon when I have some bar work to show you all. :)

Thanks for hanging around

cheers

Greg

Thanks so much guys.

Chris, you're already doing a stellar job on the Funny.....no need to "step up your game" mate. :wub:

Rom, I can spin a good yarn (story).....not so good with needles. :lol:

Luis, the Zed has actually been a recent visitor to the bench.......but it got kinda crowded, so it went back in the garage.

Dave, something wrong with my rear....? Oh..........Mark Williams' rear............... :lol: Saving the 9inch for my next Camaro. ;)

Well, bar work...................Sheesh, the guys who build these things got real can have it......They deserve everything they charge to build them if you ask me. :wacko:

Ok, so no one said it would be easy....but then again, brass and solder would have made it easier in my opinion.... :mellow: Next one.

This is just a pictorial update in stages, as it all relates to the same area. Just a few new bars added each time.

Still a good ways to go, having just finished boxing up the section above the diff. (shock mounting points)

(Pay no attention to the angle of the shocks, they were just pushed back out of the way...)

DSCF8088-vi.jpg

DSCF8087-vi.jpg

DSCF8090-vi.jpg

DSCF8092-vi.jpg

DSCF8097-vi.jpg

(Joints still require lots of finishing off......)

DSCF8098-vi.jpg

DSCF8101-vi.jpg

Hope to get some more completed tonight, and possibly a good few hours again tomorrow......

Stay tuned, and thanks a bunch for hangin' in there.

cheers

Greg

Thanks Tyrone, Joe and and Jeff. :)

Well, between a session in the garden and a few odd jobs, I did get a bit more done yesterday. :D

Splashed a little primer and paint of the rear member...Makes the added extras a bit more obvious now it's not all white and cream. :)

DSCF8120-vi.jpg

Top mounts for the wheelie bars are in view here too

DSCF8125-vi.jpg

Rear frame and cage top

DSCF8112-vi.jpg

DSCF8113-vi.jpg

Roughed up a digital "Racepac" style module for the dash

DSCF8114-vi.jpg

DSCF8128-vi.jpg

And a bracket to hold it

DSCF8131-vi.jpg

DSCF8115-vi.jpg

Been working on rear brakes this arvo....if they turn out as I hope, you'll have pics over the next few days. :)

Thanks again for taggin' along guys.

cheers

Greg

Hey, thanks Joe, Scott, Tyrone, Bill and Dave. :)

Well, this is a little embarrassing...... :wacko:

Kinda pleased that the Racepac didn't have hundreds of hours machining thrown at it........................ :lol:

This pic will give you an indication of what I mean.........

DSCF8136-vi.jpg

As you can see (even with nothing else to gauge by..) I ....um.......made it just a tad on the largish side........................ :rolleyes:

Didn't even give it a thought until after I placed it in the cockpit area......and I was thinking, that just looks BIG !

So, off I went to my friend Google and happened to find the CORRECT sizes.........

And we have "spec II" Smaller, more compact, and much more accurate, for now.......

DSCF8135-vi.jpg

And the brake work so far.......................

Dave, I added thin (.015) sheet to the back face and re-drilled everything....Kinda looks ok, and just made them a little stiffer.

They won't have a proper "fully floating" look to them, but once I get all the studs mounted and fill the recess', all should hopefully look alright.

DSCF8134-vi.jpg

Another weekend approaching, which I hope will give me more time for more work.....at least there will be no gardening this weekend. :lol:

Plus I'm having an extended break after Easter, not due back at work till the following Monday.....so more leisure time. Or bench time. B)

Thanks again for tagging along guys.....

cheers

Greg

such fine work, that is totally incredible! i hope to reach that level!

just one question, newbee one, where do you find your decals? i assume that we can do them ourselves, (i have got some Micromark sheets to print) but for the white ones???

can't wait for next updates!