Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Hemicuda

funhouse1

AMAZING! I '70 Cuda looks better than '71, so big points from this year model. Paintjob looks great and color is nice. Engine detailing looks good, I like specially that Mopar battery. Tires and wheels are looking real. Nice model, you have lots of talents. :)

Edited by W-409

Excellent model. Question, what color/brand did u use for the center wheel hub and where can find those awesome tire decals. I have been to several model hobby expos, no luck!

Thanks William. This is an older build so I'm not sure, but I think it's Model Master Aluminum with some dullcote over the top. The tire decals are dry transfers by Shabo which may now be defunct. I do see NOS stuff of theirs from time to time. Sure wish someone would step in and fill that void.

Guest Sickfish

WOW! Best version of the 71/70 kitbash that I've had the pleasure of seeing! Thankyou Jack! It's stunning! 

May I ask which '70 AAR kit did you use for the kit-bash, the Original Revell 70 kit ( green mold ) or the latest release Revell AAR??

Cheers Cliffo 

What parts from each kit did you use?

Thanks Lee! It's mostly the '71. The front and rear bits are the only parts from the AAR as I recall. I had to tweak the headlight buckets and scratchbuilt the grille from wire and a foil-copied Plymouth badge...Scratbuilt a rallye dash and made a steering column from a flexible drinking straw. Can't recall what I did about the seats. The engine uses some 1/25 pieces from the Revell '67 GTX and I really should have done something about those Lego-like carbs.

2ab4d6c3a5.jpg

b8afaeefd5.jpg

May I ask which '70 AAR kit did you use for the kit-bash, the Original Revell 70 kit ( green mold ) or the latest release Revell AAR??

Thanks Cliff! It was the green mold. I remember getting the kit and being extremely disappointed and as a result I decided to try a kitbash with the '71.

• 2 weeks later...

Superb work! Excellent all around, and maybe the most realistic wiring and hoses I've ever seen at this scale. The whole thing just pops.

smiley-sign-i-agree.gif

Very impressive use of kit-bashing and resourcefulness (drinking straw steering column). I admire and envy your abilities.