Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/4 mile Harley Davidson : 1/12 scale Drag Bike

Hello.......frame is painted and weathered.......tires painted and weathered......wheels painted Alclad........front end painted alclad and assembled........clutch assembled......I will work on the electrical tomorrow......thank`s fro looking.

DSCF9360.jpg

DSCF9362.jpg

DSCF9451.jpg

DSCF9348.jpg

DSCF9440.jpg

DSCF9347.jpg

DSCF9446.jpg

DSCF9355.jpg

DSCF9436.jpg

DSCF9441.jpg

Why?

Why do I bother with this model stuff?

Six month build time and I wouldn't approach the quality of your build. If I didn't see all the bits of pieces in plastic I wouldn't believe this is really plastic. I'm looking forward to seeing more build shots. I have several of these motors and am always disappointed with how fake they look. If you have an album showing more build up photos, please share it.

Mike

You really do want to make the rest of us throw in the towel and maybe try scrapbooking instead... ;)

If I have to try a scrapbook, I'm gonna start by saving the photos in this thread! B)

Edited by Foxer

Hello.......I made a electrical circuit board with air bottles and installed........dampers installed.......engine painted alclad and water cooled barrels weathered .......exhaust pipes painted alclad and heat wrapped and weathered.......handel bars and risers painted alclad.........thank`s for looking.

DSCF9350.jpg

DSCF9471.jpg

DSCF9469.jpg

DSCF9470.jpg

DSCF9359.jpg

DSCF9454.jpg

DSCF9457.jpg

DSCF9357.jpg

DSCF9461.jpg

DSCF9345.jpg

Hello......water,oil and fuel tank painted alclad and installed........ I made all fittings except for t`fitting`s.......using solid hex rod.....drilled out ......cut and filled then airbrushed with Tamiya blue and red......I made a belt for the belt drive.....engine installed ......transmission painted alclad and installed.......hydraulic shifter plumbed and installed.......I will install the rear brake and attach all the "Pro Tech" braided line tonight......thank`s for looking.

DSCF9354.jpg

DSCF9474.jpg

DSCF9351.jpg

DSCF9472.jpg

DSCF9352.jpg

DSCF9473.jpg

DSCF9349.jpg

DSCF9475.jpg

DSCF9476.jpg

DSCF9479.jpg

Great work John! As always... What material did you use for the header wrap. It looks realistic, and I must also put some header wrap to headers of my NASCAR... This Harley looks very good so far, it's awesome.

im curious about the product that you use to weather the chassis tubing, it turns out great everytime you weather B)

Jose......the frame is spray painted with Osh brand silver spay paint......then washed with 'Folk Art" dark gray acrylic paint......then washed with "Folk Art" acrylic black paint......then a mist of Krylon clear coat paint.......thank`s,John

Great work John! As always... What material did you use for the header wrap. It looks realistic, and I must also put some header wrap to headers of my NASCAR... This Harley looks very good so far, it's awesome.

Niko......I wraped the pipes with medical bandage tape......thank`s,

HOLY SMOKES!!! John... wow you have out done yourself yet once again. This Build is a beauty. I can't say it enough but your builds blow me away. The detail is phenomenal and craftsman ship is top notch. I sure look forward to seeing this in person. I really wish I could build as fast as you.... maybe one day B) I am looking forward to what you have in store for the paint. I also wanted to ask what do you use for your zip tie material and where do you get it. I may of asked before in another build but I forgot. Can't wait to see the next update. Keep up the great work.

HOLY SMOKES!!! John... wow you have out done yourself yet once again. This Build is a beauty. I can't say it enough but your builds blow me away. The detail is phenomenal and craftsman ship is top notch. I sure look forward to seeing this in person. I really wish I could build as fast as you.... maybe one day :unsure: I am looking forward to what you have in store for the paint. I also wanted to ask what do you use for your zip tie material and where do you get it. I may of asked before in another build but I forgot. Can't wait to see the next update. Keep up the great work.

Chris......I use computer board tape for ties.......I believe the size is 0.15 and 0.40.....thank`s

Jose......the frame is spray painted with Osh brand silver spay paint......then washed with 'Folk Art" dark gray acrylic paint......then washed with "Folk Art" acrylic black paint......then a mist of Krylon clear coat paint.......thank`s,John

thank you john, im gonna try it