Model Cars Magazine Forum

Altered Ego Fiat Topolino

Thanks Derrick. Between working on my vintage travel trailer and this one, I've been mostly doing little things as my benchtime has been in small parcels. Finally put the butterfly steering wheel switches in place, wired them up and attached the wheel. Here's a couple of pictures.

WheelSwitches1-vi.jpg

Also, I decided I wanted a different name so I worked up the graphic in Adobe Illustrator, printed it out and taped it in place. A noted improvement over the last one.

AlteredEgoPic-vi.jpg

As always, comments welcome and thanks for following along.

Edited by gasser59

Thanks for the kind words John, Tyrone and Chris. I'm a big fan of each of your creative builds and am grateful that you're following along. I've gotta get this in paint soon so I can move onto other builds calling me.

Edited by gasser59

A bit of good news, at least for me. I took the front straight axle off again and started to clean it up and polish it and found out that its going to work out. The turning radius won't be as tight as it is now but I can live with that. So now its onto making the other batwing and getting those mounted to the axle so I can make the radius rods.

Stay tuned...

Edited by gasser59

After much holding of my breath and OptiVisor viewing, I was able to get the right radius rod made and installed. The left one is assembled and awaiting install after I get home from work. Here's a pic of the right side. Man am I glad to have that done. Rod ends and stainless tubing are R&B Motion and the bolts and nuts are from Scale Hardware. Both of these are the smallest they make. The batwing mounted to the axle is fabricated from printing plate.

RightRadiusRods-vi.jpg

Stay tuned for the left side later tonight.

Edited by gasser59

Thanks guys. The right side is done and I also attached the stabilizer so the front end is done. Whew!!!

2v2ucjUpTxAhY3V.jpg

2v2ucjUbDxAhY3V.jpg

Sorry the pictures are a bit blurry. Appears the auto focus on my little Canon SD800 doesn't know what to focus on when its so small.

Thanks for following along on this build. Appreciate any comments.

Edited by gasser59

Wow, amazing work again. Great to see that these amazing builds are all Drag Cars. That front axle system looks just super, this is going to be absolutely beautiful. I'm going to get my jaw pieces from the floor now.

Thanks for all of the kind words fellas. I really have to thank all of you guys on this board because I have learned so much here and it has raised my level of detail because of all of you guys. For that, I thank you all.

More updates coming soon.

Uh ... in shock ... tightness in chest ... unable to breathe.

Brad brought this incredible model to the swap meet today and we ended up with a mini-club meeting attended by several Moonlight Modelers, a few Cactus Car Modelers, several IPMS members and quite a few new friends, including Johnathan and Uncle Keith and Agent G (all the way from Vast Losses, NV) and a cast of thousands, all drooling over this build.

The collective determination was: OMG!!!

Trust me; even close up pix do not convey the impact of the stunning beauty of this model. It is amazing! Brad truly has a masterpiece in the works.

And, Chris "Mooneyzs" Sobak had his incredible funny car there as well. It defies description! To see both of these pieces of art on the same table at the same time and to study the minute details was to appreciate automotive modeling art at its very best!!

We in Phoenix are quite modeling fortunate, as these guys are right up "there" with the best!

And that's worth an emoticon! B)

Edited by Danno