Model Cars Magazine Forum

FULL BUILD REVIEW: 1/12 Revell Shelby Mustang GT500

David, I am having problems with the front white stripe from the front grille to the lower part of the front grille.

Did you have problems too?

Yes I did... the way it was printed it will not lay down totally straight and parallel... it wants to yaw out at the bottom... Its not that noticeable....

Decals are finicky too arent they?

2012 Boss 302. Others are similar.

normal_2012_mustang_boss_302_104.jpg

-MJS

mmfp-1106-17-o+2012-ford-mustang-boss-302+undercarriage.jpg

I am curious on this exhaust...blocked cutouts? or Electric...Odd look for a stock car....But this picture is the Laguna Seca Edition...with those brake hoses and modified exhaust...doesn't seem stock at all.

Finally, we slipped into the Laguna Seca version--and, oh baby, what a ride. This low-production model wears, amongst other things, a larger front splitter, larger rear wheels, large brake-cooling ducts, and R-compound 255/40/19-inch Pirelli Corsa competition tires in front and 285/35s in the back.

http://realperforman...2-boss-therapy/

Back on Topic...Sweet Build, love the motor!!

Edited by MIKE THE MANIAC

Just opened mine and all I can say is it's awesome. The body is simply amazing! I can't wait to start building this beast! I haven't been this excited about building a model since I bought my first 1/48 Tamiya F-16.

I did notice there could have been a few more sub-assemblies and parts molded separately, but that would push the price tag to the $100 to $200 range. I can live with a 1/12 kit that cost me $56.

Already bought the Grabber Blue for the body; what can I say, I love blue 'Stangs (my '98 GT was Bright Atlantic Blue)

More done on this one!!!

The engine is mounted and the radiator and hoses all hooked up. Everything fit flawlessly.

P1010720-vi.jpg

The entire suspension is complete along with exhaust. Various metalizer paint was used for the exhaust, rear diff, and driveshaft.

P1010721-vi.jpg

P1010722-vi.jpg

P1010723-vi.jpg

Brakes are not very detailed but I checked the wheel in place and it looks fine regardless. The Brembo decals are included in the kit.

P1010724-vi.jpg

AWESOME !! This is coming together really well David. B) :)

Maybe a photo-etch set would be all that is required to really make those brakes "pop"............?? But, yeah, they look quite ok as is. The decals are a nice touch. :)

Any idea on a size of the tyres David ? I guess they are molded as "no name" brand, as with most kits today.. :unsure:

Can't wait to get my grubby mits all over one of my own now......c'mon already. :lol:

Despite it simplicity,it looks a very fine kit to me with much space for super detailing.

And people be glad that there is something new in the shops, and not the

fifty seventh reissue from an old kit, and for a very friendly price.

Edited by airb

Despite it simplicity,it looks a very fine kit to me with much space for super detailing.

i would love it more if they reissued the 69 camaro 12 scale kit or tooled up a "new" 12 scale camaro would be even cooler!!!

My 1/12th cobra came today courtesy of tower hobbies. In a rather rare occurrence, the box was ripped open, the parts are soaking in soapy water and I have already started stripping the chrome from the wheels! Actually I welcome the somewhat simplified nature of this kit, The last 1/12th scale kit I built was a year long Odyssey and that was working on it almost every day... (tamiya porsche 935)

The nice thing about building a model of a current car is you can see all the options on the manufacturer website!

Now we are in model year 2012 but it is pretty much the same car right? Sure makes the research easier

build your own 2012 cobra

Here is what I have in mind. I saw the same car at a local ford dealer and I really was tempted to find a way to buy it. (who needs food and utilities?)

silvercobrarear-vi.png

Edited by kurth

My 1/12th cobra came today courtesy of tower hobbies. In a rather rare occurrence, the box was ripped open, the parts are soaking in soapy water and I have already started stripping the chrome from the wheels! Actually I welcome the somewhat simplified nature of this kit, The last 1/12th scale kit I built was a year long Odyssey and that was working on it almost every day... (tamiya porsche 935)

The nice thing about building a model of a current car is you can see all the options on the manufacturer website!

Now we are in model year 2012 but it is pretty much the same car right? Sure makes the research easier

build your own 2012 cobra

Here is what I have in mind. I saw the same car at a local ford dealer and I really was tempted to find a way to buy it. (who needs food and utilities?)

silvercobrarear-vi.png

Probably the wife, but if we buy one of these, then we wouldn't have one of those,, right? :P