Model Cars Magazine Forum

I haven't been on the site in quite some time so I've decided to start with a post of some acquisitions since my last visit!

My daily driver I bought last fall for super cheap;

'95 Honda Civic with a b18b from a '98 Integra...

20151011_155209_zpszyueuoxb.jpg

20151011_155402_zpss3dxdawd.jpg

20151012_162921_zpsx6vk53a9.jpg

And my project car that my father passed down to me as a gift for my birthday :rolleyes:;

'84 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 with a couple of goodies!

331832_100898026689202_1799042644_o_zpsx

One1_zps92eaeqdv.jpg

Edited by JesseJames

2010 Subaru Forester. Family car.

1972 Ford Ranchero GT 351C 2bbl C4 auto. My car, but it needs some work. I drive it about once a month right now.  I was driving it every day when I had a job.

1989 Ford Mustang LX Hatchback 2.3L auto(as soon as I get the new exhaust on and get it emissions/registered). Got this for my wife since the Subaru is a manual trans and she isn't able to do the clutch anymore.

1972 Ford Pinto project. Ok, not driving it yet. It is stripped but currently on hold. Plans call for another 351 C and pro street style.

Russ

How do you hide a car from fleet services?

Only three of us drove this particular car.

Directly across from the South Patrol Division was a YMCA with a large parking lot. We'd park it on the YMCA lot and hide the keys in a prearranged location at the station, known only to us and one trusted dayshift desk officer.

Anytime inquiries were made about the car, anyone asked could truly say they hadn't seen it. They hadn't either, it was hidden behind the Y near the employees' entrance. The YMCA employees were happy they had that car parked there. We were happy it was hidden. 

When you have a fleet of 365 marked cars, not detective cars, not vans, trucks or motorcycles, but 365 marked cars alone, it doesn't take much to put rotating one of those by the wayside and move on.

G

Edited by Agent G

Only three of us drove this particular car.

Directly across from the South Patrol Division was a YMCA with a large parking lot. We'd park it on the YMCA lot and hide the keys in a prearranged location at the station, known only to us and one trusted dayshift desk officer.

Anytime inquiries were made about the car, anyone asked could truly say they hadn't seen it. They hadn't either, it was hidden behind the Y near the employees' entrance. The YMCA employees were happy they had that car parked there. We were happy it was hidden. 

When you have a fleet of 365 marked cars, not detective cars, not vans, trucks or motorcycles, but 365 marked cars alone, it doesn't take much to put rotating one of those by the wayside and move on.

G

I knew there was gonna be an interesting story to hiding the car, and I was not let down.  I am sure it drove the fleet manager nuts over time knowing that unit existed, but could never find it.

Just a boring old Peugeot 406 Estate diesel. Not really worthy of a picture.

Bought second hand, it does what it does. Temporary storage unit and shed, long distance tourer, work hack when the trains are not running and sales van(I do swap meets or auto jumbles as we call them here.

I don't really respect cars and have never had a new one, never cleaned it in 4 years apart from a rub down with a stiff broom and soapy water, there is moss on the roof and around window seals, though I do the oil changes and important stuff to keep it running. I trust it to go anywhere, hoping to make a trip to Poland from England in it though my Mrs would rather fly, I say by driving you can really see the diversity in cultures as we travel.

I am sure should I ever buy a new car, and I would love Peugeots latest modern take on the 406(I don't even know what its designation numbers are) It would end up the same as this 15 year old banger within months.

Drive safe everyone, Johnny Tee

Ghia X where not sold left hand drive so they are very rare over here. 

Btw do you know anyone who fiddle with MK1 cars,i`m after some exteriour and interior parts. 

Edit: This new forum quote stuff is extremely annoying  lol

Edited by om617

Amazed by lack of rust on civic.  What "goodies" does Z28 have?

The civic has its fair share of dings and surface rust, I just put up one of the better pictures :P

The Z28 is the 5.0 H.O model with the L69. But it now has a 350 with heads and a cam but not sure exactly what, 1.6 roller rockers, edelbrock intake, 3.73 10 bolt posi and exhaust work. The rest of the car is all original with around 60,000 miles

Thanks for looking!

Edited by JesseJames

Do I see an early Falcon wagon in the garage ?

Good eye!  It was a '62 that my Wife got.  She loved it but realized we weren't going to do anything with it after she got the Morgan.  It went to a good home.

3945249404_b9ef8e1b7a_b.jpg

Edited by New #11

Ghia X where not sold left hand drive so they are very rare over here. 

Btw do you know anyone who fiddle with MK1 cars,i`m after some exteriour and interior parts. 

Edit: This new forum quote stuff is extremely annoying  lol

All I know is that you can't get bugger all for Granadas.
I'm struggling to get a fuel distributor, a windscreen and a set of bumpers for mine.

Honestly, old Euro Fords are worse catered for than old Japanese chod and that isn't well catered for.

Let me know what you need and I'll see what I can dig up.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a new car December 4, 2015. It was delivered February 1, 2016. This is the first car I have purchased for myself in 22 years and it is the first performance car I have had since 1988. I am having soooooooo much fun!

6.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

I ordered a new car December 4, 2015. It was delivered February 1, 2016. This is the first car I have purchased for myself in 22 years and it is the first performance car I have had since 1988. I am having soooooooo much fun!

and I know it;s S0000000000 much better than those "performance" cars of old!

I just did the same with a new GTI ... I'm back to driving,  :D

Well, finally I am driving my 2013 Impala again. For the past three weeks, I've been driving my wife's Toyota Yaris, and a 2016 Chevy Cruze, and a Nissan Sentra. Three weeks ago my engine was running funny, so I took it to Christian Bros Auto, since it was close. They decided to clean my valves, but late in the day said my car had stopped when they finished and test drove it. They thought the battery was dead. It was a Friday and not much happened until Monday, when they called me and said they were pulling the engine out. I told them to stop immediately, and haul my car to the Chevy dealership. After a few days, Chevy told me the Christian Bros guys hydrolocked my engine, which tossed a valve down a cylinder.

After two weeks of fighting Christian Bros, they finally replaced the engine. I'll be taking the car to Chevy on Thursday to make sure they didn't jack anything else up. But I finally have my car back.