Model Cars Magazine Forum

since where all car modelers here, lets find out what we all drive everyday.

this is'nt a picture of mine but its identically. my Truck is a 2001 Ranger XL, wiith 50,000 original miles. 2.3 ltr. 4cyl. its a base model, no A/C, no power anything. only factory options are cloth seats, trailer package, and a dealer installed bedliner. its just a nice basic truck. and its a bit of a project truck. since I have plans for it.

1122328.jpg

Mods:

JVC MP3/CD player, to replace the terrible AM/FM stock radio

lebra Tonneau cover

AVS Vent shades

Future plans:

conversion to edge body style (front bumper and rear bumper)

Ranger Thunderbolt grill

6" lift,

Alcoa wheels.

Right now my 1:1 is a Pontiac Sunfire convertable. But this was my 1:1 10 years ago.

IMG_0149.jpg

33 Chevy Master Town Sedan. Small block Chevy, 8" ford rear end, top with power sun roof from a 59 Caddy, power steering and brakes, Mustang II front end, cruise control, heat/ac, 150 watt 6 speaker stereo, tinted glass, and reclining bucket seats.

IMG_0152.jpg

Some friends at the NSRA meet in Oklahoma City back in the mid 90's. ;)

....What motor info can you give us.

It's just your basic old school hydraulic roller 5.0. State of the art in the mid 80s.World Products Windsor Sr iron heads Ford Racing E-303 cam etc.

It Also has a T-5 5 speed and 8.8 rear end from a 87 5.0.

The car has been stuck in the 12s for ever so I,m going to try funds permitting a custom hydraulic roller cam and a new intake to see if I can finaly get into the 11s with it.

Picture011.jpg

It's just your basic old school hydraulic roller 5.0. State of the art in the mid 80s.World Products Windsor Sr iron heads Ford Racing E-303 cam etc.

It Also has a T-5 5 speed and 8.8 rear end from a 87 5.0.

The car has been stuck in the 12s for ever so I,m going to try funds permitting a custom hydraulic roller cam and a new intake to see if I can finaly get into the 11s with it.

Picture011.jpg

Nothing a 150 shot cant fix!!!!!

Rudy

any one can do nitrous. :lol: All motor is so much more fun.particularly with only 306 cu.in. :lol:

agreed im gitting a DELUXE 572 (spiffy name huh)

it comes from gm with 720 hp and runs on alchol (so much for a daily drive huh)

heres the best part its ALL ENGINE

and its going in the HUGE space between my firewall and my core support on my truck

TO ALL THE LITTLE TUNERS IN FONTANA CA. I AM GOD

Guest Davkin

My daily driver, a '96 Caprice 9C1 (police package). That horrible roof rack has been long gone by the way.

969c1-vi.jpg

My toy, a '64 Elcamino, unfortunately I haven't registered it in a couple years.

P8230009-vi.jpg

David

Guest Davkin

The Interceptor is a Ford badge they put on their police Crown Vics. GM didn't put special badges on the Caprice cop cars. It is the real deal though, complete with the iron-headed LT1 engine, heavier frame, stiffer suspension, etc. Since I took that pic I have installed Impala SS springs and KYB shocks, it sits about 2-3" lower now.

David

• 1 month later...

pics this up on thursday. 1 owner 74 dart sport. mint leather interior,44xxx original miles,never been smoked in (hell the cig lighter was never even used),bumper jack is like new,original bias ply spare,original hub caps,fold down rear seat, lil rust on the 1/4 panels and front fenders

Picture084.jpg

Here's mine an 06, it doesn't see winter, I have a 93 Daytona for winter. It's a work in progress. I just got a set of 4:10 gears for it. I have a S&B intake, GT Muffler, run Diablosports 91 octane tune. I added Silverhorse Racing sequential taillights. Next year I'll probably add Silverhorses quarter louvers and would love to get the teardrop side mirrors so I can lose the truck mirrors. I don't know, with the economy the way it is, it might be a looong work in progress.

Edited by chris731

i am new to this forum and i think its agreat one.my daily drivers are a 99 vette ragtop that ive owned since new,and a 2002 f350 dually,that ive also owned since new,this truck would be a great kit,are you listening resin casters??my weekend toys are a 1970 chevelle ss with 42,000 miles ,it has an 871 blown 427l88 and is pretty nasty.my race car is a 1985 haas camaro ex prostock car,with a dart 632,brodix big cheif motor that runs 7.30s,once again great forum guys, and keep up the great work!

Around 2000 I got and old '68 Camero SS and did a Resto-Mod out of it. The original driveline was long gone, so what the heck, right? A 425hp small block will absolutely decimate street tires, but it was great for smoke shows!

C4.jpg

C3.jpg

C.jpg

Then a couple of years ago I had a chance to pick up a bone stock, full driveline in tact, with protecto-plate to prove it, '70 Chevelle SS 396. To top it off it was a 4-speed, bench seat, radio delete car. An interesting toy to be sure! I had to sell the Camero to get the Chevelle, but it's all good, right?

Captured2003-1-100076.jpg

But times are tough. I sold the Chevelle to pay mounting bills and now I drive a '97 Taurus.

Maybe someday soon I'll be able to get a REAL car again!

Nice Camaro, but the Chevelle, Oohhhhh Wow, Gorgeous!!!!! Absolutely stunning!! And you so...... I know, I've been there, in the exact same position. I had a '70 El Camino SS454, also 4 speed; M22, Shadow Gray.... I'm still kicking myself for selling it.... arrggh.... I have another Elky, but not as hot as the other, '72 w. 350/350. But it's cool anyway!

What are you talking about :blink: those Scooby's are toys! You can have so much fun with them I love them! ;)

:lol: ..Thanks Nick. I was wondering if I'd get a bite... ;) Mate, yes it IS a lot of fun to drive, and drive hard.... ;)

I've had it just over 2 years.....don't know why I didn't step into one long ago....

Here's mine- it's been down the last few months with an electrical glitch- she'll run fine, but won't idle properly and the shift points are all wonky.

84continental2.jpg

84continental.jpg

I bought it in the fall of '04 for $350, and every year I do about $200 worth of maintenance on it. Over the years, it's received coil springs, I've done the shocks and struts, rotors, pads, alternator, water and power steering pumps and the front seal (the last three being done all at once). Hey- I'm not tied to a three or four year note, so I figure I'm getting off cheap.

Until I get it figured out though, I'm stuck with MTA (More Time A'wastin'), our third world el lame-o excuse for mass transit.

:D ..Thanks Nick. I was wondering if I'd get a bite... ;) Mate, yes it IS a lot of fun to drive, and drive hard.... :lol:

I've had it just over 2 years.....don't know why I didn't step into one long ago....

:lol:

yeah the older ones are nicer than the new style, but they are fun cars, I want to get a late 80's wagon! :huh:

moparkid, nice Dart. :lol:

thanks nick. right now im workin on gettin a stereo setup in it now. then ill have to change the rear axle and front rotors to get the 5x4.5" bolt pattern so the rims from my 5th will fit it lol. i had to change the valve cover gaskets today but that was an easy fix. i also added a power trunk latch the other day too!