Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1 hour ago, ksnow said:

Good looking truck Dan. I hear you on white trucks. I've had white for 20+ years. GM doesn't make a lot of work trucks in any other color, so white it is. Maybe some day I'll find a red one.

I was looking for Race Red, Area 51, or Atlas Blue; but in the trim and specs I want, there was just nothing left.

1 hour ago, Mr mopar said:

My daily Driver bought right off the show room floor ! and yes I love the 4 doors .

103_0378.JPG

Ordered a new 2010 Charger RT 5.7 with AWD. Thing was an animal when you wanted it to be and a smooth cruiser the rest of the time. Best open road car ever. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Finally got some pics of the new truck over the weekend. 

Back in March, I sold my Lightning after about 9 months of ownership. Love the truck, but with the incentives and rebates the manufacturers are throwing on EV right now, the used market is going to take a nosedive. So to get ahead of the curve, and continue my trend of never selling for less than I paid, I sold it to someone that has been looking for that particular trim level and colour. And I didn't lose any money, so that's a good thing. 

So I had to replace it. Lots of excellent deals to be had on remaining 2023 models, so that's what I did.

2023 F150 Lariat with the Powerboost hybrid engine. Basically an EcoBoost with a hybrid system bolted to it.  

I took the big ugly FX4 decals off the back. I think it looks better without. I've never really been a fan of decals or graphics. Will be removing the PowerBoost emblems, and as soon as they're readily available, the new ovals from a 2024 F150 will be going on.

Window tint and a dashcam coming soon. I want to change out the wheels too, but wheel pricing has gone mental over the past few months, so that idea is on indefinite hold. 

Another boring white truck, but I actually like white. Plus there's nothing left anywhere in the other colours I would want. So boring white it is. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I agree, this does look cleaner without all the decals. My last two trucks have been white, and they don't show the dust as much as other colors until really dirty. 

Posted (edited)

Hey, Dan,

Question for you, since you're an F fan and you're in the business. Recent years' F-trucks have these double stacked headlamps. My question is:  Do they (the trucks) come with "off" or "dim" switches, or are they only sold with unextinguishable all-lights-on-all-the-time super high beams suitable for docking space stations in deep black hole space? 

It seems like 90% or more around here are always on 'stadium-lighting' mode everywhere they go -- day or night. Can they be operated with only two lamps on so the rest of us can see?  Or are they only sold to blind people who need all the light they can get?

[BTW- I may have expressed it humorously, but I'm serious. It's damn hard for anyone else to see when one of these is around . . . especially if they jack it up or put more than four bricks and a cinder block in the bed.] 

And, more than half of them run around with the extra in-the-bumper driving lights on, too!

image.png.509417580a8aef425ae77ac128641776.png

Edited by Danno
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Danno said:

Hey, Dan,

Question for you, since you're an F fan and you're in the business. Recent years' F-trucks have these double stacked headlamps. My question is:  Do they (the trucks) come with "off" or "dim" switches, or are they only sold with unextinguishable all-lights-on-all-the-time super high beams suitable for docking space stations in deep black hole space? 

It seems like 90% or more around here are always on 'stadium-lighting' mode everywhere they go -- day or night. Can they be operated with only two lamps on so the rest of us can see?  Or are they only sold to blind people who need all the light they can get?

[BTW- I may have expressed it humorously, but I'm serious. It's damn hard for anyone else to see when one of these is around . . . especially if they jack it up or put more than four bricks and a cinder block in the bed.] 

And, more than half of them run around with the extra in-the-bumper driving lights on, too!

Nope. The Super Duty trucks with the base headlights like you posted have four low/high beam bulbs. So all four are on when you have low beams, and all four are on with the high beams. And the low beams are the DRL. Then let's add the foglghts on as well. And use them all the time. I get what you're saying. 

They're better now, as they did a redesign in 2023. I find the new design trucks a little less blinding.

4 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Nope. The Super Duty trucks with the base headlights like you posted have four low/high beam bulbs. So all four are on when you have low beams, and all four are on with the high beams. And the low beams are the DRL. Then let's add the foglghts on as well. And use them all the time. I get what you're saying. 

They're better now, as they did a redesign in 2023. I find the new design trucks a little less blinding.

I see.  Thanks for the reply - now I know.  Very interesting.

Obviously some designer thought, 'Hey, this might be cool!'

What model years were like that - the mobile surgery suite lighting?

This is my Daily, I saved it from the crusher when I bought it Dec. 4th 2019 via Copart salvage auctions.  Fully documented ( minus a few pieces I'm chasing down) 2nd Owner, Rust Free. It is my 1st vehicle I ever owned and don't plan on ever getting rid of it with the exception of passing it on to maybe my nephew?

The first picture is what it looked like when I bought it,

252732442_6583811921659229_2037066293408703311_n.jpg.3a08a175735b1a10da080690b0ba5bb7.jpg

The following picture is what it looks like currently minus I pulled the toolbox out of it yesterday.

376234620_24140121468935003_4850892559650921629_n.jpg.b541bd727415ec7c7cd7283baf10d199.jpg 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bandit1 said:

This is my Daily, I saved it from the crusher when I bought it Dec. 4th 2019 via Copart salvage auctions.  Fully documented ( minus a few pieces I'm chasing down) 2nd Owner, Rust Free. It is my 1st vehicle I ever owned and don't plan on ever getting rid of it with the exception of passing it on to maybe my nephew?

The first picture is what it looked like when I bought it,

252732442_6583811921659229_2037066293408703311_n.jpg.3a08a175735b1a10da080690b0ba5bb7.jpg

The following picture is what it looks like currently minus I pulled the toolbox out of it yesterday.

376234620_24140121468935003_4850892559650921629_n.jpg.b541bd727415ec7c7cd7283baf10d199.jpg 

A 1:1 glue bomb!

steve 😁

12 hours ago, Danno said:

I see.  Thanks for the reply - now I know.  Very interesting.

Obviously some designer thought, 'Hey, this might be cool!'

What model years were like that - the mobile surgery suite lighting?

Well, it is a good looking truck. And as a driver, the headlights do work very well. 🤪

2017 through 2022 had that style.