Model Cars Magazine Forum

69" Chevy Nova Yenko

Luis_555

Hi, it's my first post here.

I'm from Brazil, and I'm a big fan of muscle cars, and I started on modelism last month, and that's my first finished model, a 69, Chevy Nova Yenko.

Here's my 1:1 references

71ChevyNovaYenko427TributeCar204.jpg

And here's the result, the paint was done with "spray can" because a dont have an airbrush yet!

The modifications done are:

Engine detailing

Hood stick (I know the 1:1 don't use it, but without it, the hood doesn't stay opened)

Vinyl Roof, done it matte black and tape.

Door windows half opened

96577433.jpg

85081065.jpg

42715194.jpg

95518795.jpg

Now i'm looking for a new model to build, i'm looking for an old Camaro!!

Edited by Luis_555

For your first modell it looks great!

I have four things to decry - not great things, but they noticed me:

- the two stripes on the roof are to thick. there you can try, to overlap the tape you've done on the roof.

- the windshield doesn't fix on the right upper corner

- you forgot the chrometrim on the windshield and the fornt triangle windows

- your referenc has a square mirror, your model a round one

But that are peanuts...If i remember my first built...ugh...

Edited by Dominik

For your first build, that thing is pretty impressive...KEEP IT lol. When i first started i always wanted to tinker a little further and ended up with a massive heap of 10 kits cuz something always went wrong. Of course i was 10-12 yrs old...what im saying is put that thing up, or youll wish 10 years from now you would have.

Hello and welcome to the forum! And cheers from Finland! B)

Your Nova looks amazing. Great to see these traditional Muscle Cars being built without modern engines or giant wheels. I like the paintjob, it's very shiny, and smooth too. Grille looks very realistic, you've done that black wash nicely. I also like the engine detailing alot. Really nice model with no too big mistakes. Your First model, Huh, I can't believe, really great work that I haven't got to that stage after 35-40 models built. Really amazing job with this one, keep coming... ;)

Thanks for the replies!!

---

Dominik - hehe, no, that's ok!! the roof stripes get me in trouble when I start them, because they're decals, and I just realize that the lenght doesnt fit well after gluing everything!!

Thanks for your observations, i'll try to prevent that on my next building!!

Sport Suburban - Thanks, that kit is really nice, I like it!!

About the Camaro, that's my idea, but, last friday was my birthday, and a friend gave me and 64" Impala SS.

So, thats my next model!! There's an "building section" here? I'm kinda lost on the forum yet hehehe

W-409 - Thanks!! And yes, I'm not a big fan of "modernization" on classic cars, I prefer them looking bad and loud hehe

*Sorry for my english!!

• 2 weeks later...

phatfender - Thank you !!

hahuahu I'm feeling better now bbowser!!

Jeff - Cool!! I'm into similar situation, I have a friend in NJ, that's born in USA, but his parent's are from Brazil.

And here's my new topic, about my second model, a 64" Impala!

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48220&st=0&gopid=525460&#entry525460

Bye!!