Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 34 Ford shop truck & trailer

It's finally done. The truck, the trailer, the junk. Since my posting of the truck in Under Glass, the only thing I have added is the stakeside sign. To the trailer I have added a good deal of salvaged vintage parts. As well as some tools that a salvage truck mught need. I'm really jazzed with how well it's turned out.

2011-10-13123749.jpg

2011-10-13123937.jpg

2011-10-13124020.jpg

2011-10-13124114.jpg

Edited by Jantrix

The cardboard box was made from grocery bag paper. The orange crate was made from basswood and a photoreduced label. The rest is just kit parts modified to look a lilttle more realistic and then weathered. The compressed air tank was scratch built, and has been dulled down some since taking these photos. I had a great time doing this but I'm really happy it's done. I'll be entering this in the commercial vehicle class in a few upcoming contests. Hope you like. Comments and criticism are kindly welcome. Both are a chance to learn so don't hold back.

2011-10-13124155.jpg

2011-10-13124209.jpg

2011-10-13124243.jpg

2011-10-13124327.jpg

I loved that trailer the first time I saw it, but with the junk, it's over the fence!

Fantastic details and the overall look is very realistic. I really like the tool box with all the stickers, and the hub caps are a nice touch too.

Ultra nice duo