Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scale auto renaissance?

Keep on going.

However, I will not include stuff that merely needs reissuing. We are talking new tools, or heavily modified/amended existing tools only in this list.

We could make a separate reissues wish list too, if you like.

Edited by Junkman

Limiting it to domestic subjects:

30's: More '32 Ford variations, though R&M of Md have that subject covered pretty well. I'd really like to see a B-400.

40's:

50's: '53 Cadillac Eldorado convertible. '53 Buick Skylark convertible. '56 Lincoln Mk II.

60's: '62-64 Studebaker GT Hawk. '68-69 Mercury Cyclone. '69-70 Mercury Marauder X100. '68-69 Chevelle SS new tool.

70's: Loads of interesting subjects here. To name a few: '71-72 Buick Riviera is my #1. Others: '71 Dodge Demon. '70 Chrysler 300 Hurst. '70-71 Plymouth Fury GT. '73 Chevelle SS. '73-75 Chevy Laguna. '77-79 Chevy Caprice 2dr coupe or 4dr. '78-79 Buick Le Sabre Turbo Coupe. '76-77 Olds Cutlass Supreme. '73 Buick Gran Sport. '73 Pontiac GTO. '73 Pontiac Grand Am. '77 Pontiac Can-Am.

80's? '83-84 Hurst/Olds and 442 variation. '86-87 Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2. '85-86 Mustang GT. '85-86 Mustang LX 5.0 notchback. '87-93 Mustang LX 5.0 notchback.

90's: '94-96 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham. '92-96 Buick Roadmaster.

00's: '98-11 Ford Crown Victoria. '03-04 Mercury Marauder. '03-11 Lincoln Town Car. '08-09 Pontiac G8 GT or G8 GXP. '08-09 Pontiac Solstice. Cadillac XLR-v.

10s: '12 Mustang GT. '12 Mustang Boss 302 (and Laguna Seca variant). '12 Corvette Grand Sport. '12 Camaro ZL1. Cadillac CTS, CTS-v (coupe, sedan, wagon) '12 Chrysler 300C or SRT8. '12 Dodge Charger R/T or SRT8 . '12 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392. Ford Raptor. Ram pickup.

A few random thoughts, for amusement...

I'd love to see a late model Ford Police Interceptor/Crown Vic done with police gear, like the Charger.

Station wagons...main stream stuff, like the Ford Taurus from early 2000.

50s & 60s trucks are great...I have a couple of projects that could benefit from a nice International pick up!

Late model CTS, CTS-V...Wagon, Coupe and Sedan.

How about some of the big guys big sellers? Ford Fiesta, Focus and Fusion, Chev Cobalt, Dodge Caliber, that type of entry level car.

I grew up in the 60s when every fall the model year changes happened...I love the big cars of that era.

We know that some of the kit makers look at stuff on this board, with a few of their professional associates participating here, as well as others. May I suggest, Christian, if you're assembling the information, that it would be good to set a deadline, put together a top ten, even a top 20 list, and open it up to a poll. That would supply the kit makers with at least a bit of numerical data for decision-making. I don't know if this site has software to make it possible for voters to submit their top 5, but maybe there's an off-site mechanism for voting that can make that possible.

Hey, this is a free focus group of enthusiasts for the kit companies, and I bet we could get Moebius to beat everyone to the punch with a bullet-nose Studebaker.

Edited by sjordan2

We know that some of the kit makers look at stuff on this board, with a few of their professional associates participating here, as well as others. May I suggest, Christian, if you're assembling the information, that it would be good to set a deadline, put together a top ten, even a top 20 list, and open it up to a poll. That would supply the kit makers with at least a bit of numerical data for decision-making. I don't know if this site has software to make it possible for voters to submit their top 5, but maybe there's an off-site mechanism for voting that can make that possible.

Hey, this is a free focus group of enthusiasts for the kit companies, and I bet we could get Moebius to beat everyone to the punch with a bullet-nose Studebaker.

Let's continue to collect suggetions until Sunday evening. I will then publish the compiled list on Monday, so everybody can look it over and select his favourites.

I will not include some wild customs posted in here of which the base models are already on the list. One can always customize a stock model, but one cannot build a stock model from a pre-fab custom.

Oh, and then someone should probably start compiling a truck list. The concept of being enthusiastic about a light truck is completely lost on a European, so - with regret - I can't do it.

And entirely btw., if Moebius hasn't got the message regarding the '51 Studebaker yet, then it's a lost cause anyway.

Edited by Junkman

ok ive been out of the loop for 15 years or so so forgive me if something was done and i dont know about it

55-57 ideally buick , id be happy with a pontiac or an olds

60s

65 comet cyclone or caliente

65 mercury fullsize , not fussy if its a turnpike cruiser parklane or marauder

bronco!

69 impala with all the impalas done in the past 20 years why are we still waiting for the last of the ss models

70s

laguna s3

76 -77 elcamino (imho the nicest) of the 64-87 models

the 73s and 4s look cool to

JPGel1jpg.jpg

squarebody impala or caprice

80s

i like the 442 or hurst olds

90s and newer

nothing really tickles my fancy

Edited by fredgsanford