Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bench Rage! Have you ever lost it?

I haven’t snapped for quite a while now while at the bench. Like others I usually just go away for a while. I am, however, hell on computer mice and keyboards! When I buy them I always make sure the extended warranty can be for ANY reason (like spontaneous disassembly)

Edited by Chuck Doan

I happen to think that the Citroen DS is the coolest production car ever made across all of automotive history. Therefore, the only game in town is Heller and they don't even offer one in 1/24!

My father once bought one when my sister and I were still little. We became seasick the moment it was in motion. Thanks god it usually broke down shortly afterwards, having spilled one of it's numerous fluids across an Autobahn. That gave us some opportunity to recover (pun intended).

I still love it to bits and I have quite a few DS models.

When I was in the income group to buy a car in this price range, they were already long out of production, hence I bought two new Citroen CXes in succession, both behaved in a similar fashion as my father's DS did.

I've never actually lost it and destroyed a model, been very very irritated, mostly at paint goof ups or final assembly, something goes wrong then I have to ruin my paint job to get it to fit. But have lost it doing a head gasket job on a talon tsi years ago and beat the hood with a breaker bar, but in the back of my head I think I did it cause I had another one.

I've never actually lost it and destroyed a model, been very very irritated, mostly at paint goof ups or final assembly, something goes wrong then I have to ruin my paint job to get it to fit. But have lost it doing a head gasket job on a talon tsi years ago and beat the hood with a breaker bar, but in the back of my head I think I did it cause I had another one.

:lol: But how good did it feel?

Only once & I wiped out close to 100 finished models. In late '06 I was put in the Hospital for a stent & lost 3 weeks of work. No pay, of course & we got behind in our house payment. The bank started foreclosure on us & I was so upset thinking we'd be in a homeless shelter I busted them all & threw them in the trash. My Wife knew everything would work out & told me I'd regret it. She was right, everything worked out, the house was saved & I still regret doing such a stupid thing. I tried to salvage what I could, but was able to repair only 3 of those models. I still find pieces of model parts in the yard. :(

Edited by forthlin

Guest Gramps-xrds

I can't understand how you ppl can smash a model or anything else because of your own stupidity . You need help. Get real it's an inanimate object and doesn't do anything but what you make it do. If you can't get it to do what you want, then smash yourself in the face, because you're the idiot at fault. Maybe if you smashed yourself a few times, you'd finally learn how to do things. I've been building models and making things since I was very very young and have never had the inclination to destroy things and I'm 66 yrs old now. Guess that's why I still have models that are 50+ yrs old.

Ya know, when I get to that point where I am so tinkled off that I want to break things, I just set it aside, open a nice Single Malt Scotch and turn on the Pink Floyd. Soon the crisis is averted and I can either start again or go to sleep.

You know, it does seem to get easier to "let it slide" as we get older. Oh, I may get all wound up when something goes wrong, but then I will either go with plan B, or just walk away. I doubt I will ever mellow out 100%, but what I do experience, is less radical or intense.

This is a hobby I do for relaxation. Typically if I run into a frustrating problem I remind myself this is a hobby and think it over, or just walk away.

The one time I wanted to Throw a model a cross the room was the Trumpeter monte carlo. I got to final assembly and the thing had a ride height that resembled a raised SUV. At first I was really mad, then, it turned into dissapointment so just walked away. I realized it was my fault for not double checking during pre-assembly.

If you can't get it to do what you want, then smash yourself in the face, because you're the idiot at fault. Maybe if you smashed yourself a few times, you'd finally learn how to do things.

I've tried it, trust me it doesn't help. I must not be a good enough idiot... I'm working on that too.

David G.