Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 Nova Lowrider

Cool Hand

Something different

Amt kit converted to a curbside lowrider.

Paint:

Body, dash and parcel shelf: Tamiya TS-14 black, straight from the can finish, no polishing.

Interior tub and seats, Tamiya TS-8 italian red, top coated with TS-80 flat clear.

Interior details:

Subs and amps from Jada diecast.

Custom made chain steering wheel,

Seats are from my spare parts box.

Wheels: Pegasus 1109 Dz's with blacked out spokes.

72NovaOutdoorpics34.jpg

72NovaOutdoorpics35.jpg

72NovaOutdoorpics47.jpg

72NovaOutdoorpics37.jpg

72NovaOutdoorpics38.jpg

I don't think I have ever seen a Nova done as a lowrider either. It looks sharp, beaautiful paint and very tasteful customizing, not too outrageous but just enough to be different. I also like the way you eliminated the center post between the windows for a true coupe look.

Great job with that Nova. If I think, what style I could build one Chevy Nova, Lowrider wouldn't be first in my mind. But this shows, that Nova Lowrider can look really good. That paintjob is really great, very smooth and Shiny! Great wheel choice, black spokes fit perfectly to the look and really nice interior. I like this one, and that picture before the last one looks amazing, the car is just like 1:1 looking there. I really like it.

Hey Luke,

This thing is beautiful, you did a fantastic job, and your pictures look great. Agree with everyone else, no one expected a Nova as a lowrider, but what you did here looks really cool!! Hope things been going well for you, very glad you posted this for us. Thanks.

Mike