Model Cars Magazine Forum

Postal Cuts to slow delivery times.

First NASA, the the P.O., what's will be next?

Well, it won't be the IRS unfortunately ! B) With the way things are being run, don't look for any social service agencies to cutback and if the PO can't turn a profit or come close, then change is needed in it's operations. I would say that at least 2 of the 6 days mail is delivered to my house it is nothing but junk mail.

This is related, I think. I bought a kit on ebay on the 29th of November from a seller in Scottsdale, AZ. Scottsdale is 5 miles from my house as the crow flies. Check out the tracking on that package...oh and I have yet to recieve it, Monday should get me my kit! It is easy to see how the USPS is losing money.

Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 30, 2011

Acceptance, November 30, 2011, 1:03 pm, SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85262

Dispatched to Sort Facility, November 30, 2011, 6:15 pm, SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85255

Processed through USPS Sort Facility, December 01, 2011, 5:22 am, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

Depart USPS Sort Facility, December 01, 2011, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

Processed through USPS Sort Facility, December 02, 2011, 12:09 am, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

Processed through USPS Sort Facility, December 03, 2011, 11:21 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85043

Depart USPS Sort Facility, December 04, 2011, PHOENIX, AZ 85043

This is related, I think. I bought a kit on ebay on the 29th of November from a seller in Scottsdale, AZ. Scottsdale is 5 miles from my house as the crow flies. Check out the tracking on that package...oh and I have yet to recieve it, Monday should get me my kit! It is easy to see how the USPS is losing money.

Processed through USPS Sort Facility, December 01, 2011, 5:22 am, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

Processed through USPS Sort Facility, December 02, 2011, 12:09 am, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

Processed through USPS Sort Facility, December 03, 2011, 11:21 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85043

It's called logistics! :lol:

I don't think waiting an extra day for a package sent USPS First Class is going to be a major inconvenience for most people. If you want it faster, pick it up yourself. USPS is still a very good bargain for shipping packages, and I will remain loyal even when rates and delivery times increase.

Wouldn't have been easier to go and pick it up?

I don't think waiting an extra day for a package sent USPS First Class is going to be a major inconvenience for most people. If you want it faster, pick it up yourself. USPS is still a very good bargain for shipping packages, and I will remain loyal even when rates and delivery times increase.

Ditto!

I have not had a serious problem with the USPS, I am merely pointing out that it seems ineffcient to send a package to somewhere in California, several hundred miles one way for sorting and then back to Arizona. That has to add to the cost of doing business. I seem to recall the USPS complaining of losing billions of dollars. If they treat every package that way, surely they have added to their operating costs.

As far as picking it up, both Phoenix and Scottsdale actually cover several hundred square miles, so although the city limits may be 5 miles away, my kit may have been 40 miles. With the cost of fuel it would not be a cheap trip.

Yeah, that is ridiculous. They take all of our mail about an hour from here to sort and return. I just don't get it. Why do they even have the "In Town" box if they are going to do this? Plus, don't even get me started on the independent carriers they use to truck the mail to the sorting facilities. Something is seriously wrong with this country and how it is run. Maybe congress members should be handed a clip board and a pen and be required to earn its money by being assigned to different departments and see what the real issues seem to be...but, I am leaving it at that....don't want to break any rules.

Edited by Skydime

We wanted to send a care package to Marcia's brother in Afghanistan and the USPS rules were intimidating. We ordered everything he wanted online from CVS and they shipped the order for only $7.00, and mark received it in only 10 days. We don't know the carrier though - USPS, UPS, FedEx???

I can wait longer for bills.I believe this government couldn't manage a kids birthday party..

Sure they could, after they had an environmental impact study, formed a committee to draft a bill regarding parties, debated it in Washington, passed regulations, and made an agency to make sure the rules and regulations were followed. Oh, and of course raised taxes to help "pay" for the various agencies responsible for parties.

I don't know if it is as much the government running the post offices as it is the employees that run them. I guess I'm lucky that I live in a small town and have a good post master at my post office. He always takes care of any package I send. I never have to worry about one getting shipped out. The woman that delivers my mail also does a very good job. If I have a package too big for my box,she will place it on my porch with a note if I'm not home. Not many rural carriers will do that. My previous carrier would only place a notice in my box.

I did a trade with a member that lives thirty or thirty-five miles away. We sent our packages out the same day (delivery confirmation). He got his the next day. Mine however,for some crazy reason, went to Florida first! Then, went three and a half hours north of me in Louisville. Then,to my post office. I can't remember exactly how many days it took to get to me (thinking 3-4),but that was just nuts! That's about as efficient as trying to carry sand in a potato sack!

I don't know if it is as much the government running the post offices as it is the employees that run them. I guess I'm lucky that I live in a small town and have a good post master at my post office. He always takes care of any package I send. I never have to worry about one getting shipped out. The woman that delivers my mail also does a very good job. If I have a package too big for my box,she will place it on my porch with a note if I'm not home. Not many rural carriers will do that. My previous carrier would only place a notice in my box.

I did a trade with a member that lives thirty or thirty-five miles away. We sent our packages out the same day (delivery confirmation). He got his the next day. Mine however,for some crazy reason, went to Florida first! Then, went three and a half hours north of me in Louisville. Then,to my post office. I can't remember exactly how many days it took to get to me (thinking 3-4),but that was just nuts! That's about as efficient as trying to carry sand in a potato sack!

Roger, glad to see I'm not the only one that sees how messed up the mail is in KY. And yes, some of the rural carriers are really good about things. It's just sad to see things like this working against our hobby.

Edited by Skydime