Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just when you think there's nothing new in hot rodding . . .

It is a very good looking '39 Ford, but I'm really curious as to why you would call this new? It's very well done and I'd own/drive it in a NY minute, but I don't see anything I would consider new or original.

X2

Nice car, but what is so new about it?

It is a very good looking '39 Ford, but I'm really curious as to why you would call this new? It's very well done and I'd own/drive it in a NY minute, but I don't see anything I would consider new or original.

A quintessential hot rod at best. I do follow cars of this ilk, here on the MCM board, many different hot rod magazines , local shows and regional Goodguys events. I felt it was a refreshing combination of ideas not seen on a regular basis, and certainly fodder for a good build on this board. A great combination of ideas, chopped top,engine, reversed '39 style headlights, stance, color, WOW! and with flames too.New to me at least.

Edited by Greg Myers

A great combination of ideas, chopped top,engine reversed '39 style headlights, stance, color, WOW! and with flames too.New to me at least.

I must be missing something..... how is the engine reversed??? :blink: Also,I'm pretty sure those aren't '39 headlights. They look to be much more modern units.

It's nice but the rims and tribal flames ruin it for me, I would hate to see the interior.....

Yeah, it's not very "traditional", but there is still a lot of cool about it. the interior is probably the "leather everything" variety which is never a bad thing. And honestly the tribal flames aren't very different from the classic seaweed flames we've been seeing for generations. The chop is excellent. 39/40's are notoriously hard to chop well and this one is very cool. This would make a nice model indeed. Utilizing this style, the Revell Goodguys '40 Ford or '41 Willys or the 1/24 Revellogram '37 Ford Coupe or Roadster would look great done this way.

Edited by Jantrix

Yeah, it's not very "traditional", but there is still a lot of cool about it. the interior is probably the "leather everything" variety which is never a bad thing. And honestly the tribal flames aren't very different from the classic seaweed flames we've been seeing for generations. The chop is excellent. 39/40's are notoriously hard to chop well and this one is very cool. This would make a nice model indeed. Utilizing this style, the Revell Goodguys '40 Ford or '41 Willys or the 1/24 Revellogram '37 Ford Coupe or Roadster would look great done this way.

....Yeah, I don't like seaweed flames either :P