Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ever Wonder What Flintstone's Top Fuel Studey Streamliner Looks Like Built?

Danno

OK. I never build dragsters.

Other than the AMT Double Dragster kit when I was a kid, I've never built a single, solitary dragster.

So, then my neighborhood plastic (and resin) pusher shows up with this killer Jimmy Flintstone resin TF streamline dragster based (loosely but certainly) on a bullet-nose Studebaker. My fate was sealed. I just hadda build this one.

I had some fun. I took some liberties. Made my own decals (learned some lessons the hard way). There's some tongue-in-cheek and outright hilarity involved.

I finally got 'er done ... months ago. She surprised me ... she won a couple of local club contests! But pix are few and far between ... because she's just so long, you can't get her all in one shot!

Anyway, a couple of different photographers have attempted and here are a few shots from them. Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of the front end ~ with its signature bullet-nose Studebaker ... uh, ... bullet nose grille and the mooneyez-like headlamp fillers.

DSC06581.jpg

DSC06582.jpg

1st_Place_Super_Star_Liner_Dan_Baker-2.JPG

1st_Place_Super_Star_Liner_Dan_Baker-4.JPG

I claim the first-timer defense for any capital-offense faux pas.

One of these days, when I finish building the annex to my photo booth, I'll shoot some more and some detail shots, too. Til then, these teases will have to do.

PS: See, I do too build stuff!

OK. I never build dragsters.

...that are less than a football field long.

That thing is cool. I would love to see some more shots - that engine looks like it needs to be seen. I can imagine DOF in a photo is pretty tough - I have trouble keeping an 8 inch model in focus.

Great work.

Thanks for all the kind props, guys!

As you can probably tell, the paint scheme is a take on the Arizona state flag. The paint is all rattlecan: Testors Diamond Dust silver, Inca Gold, Revvin' Red, and Star-Spangled Blue, covered with Wet Look clear. I learned some serious lessons ... especially about the brand of thin masking tape I tried! Most of the decals were custom created on the ole computer. I had some fun with the markings ... even promoted myself to driver status.

Thanks for looking!

B)

This brings lots of adjectives to mind, but if I used them, I'd have to ban myself. :lol:

Let's just say it's an epic build and leave it at that.

oooh Let me try!

(Clears throat) ...

OH MY!! That's much bigger then I thought it would be! But, then I bet you get that alot ! :lol: (There is no whistle icon?)

Nice build! (LoL!)