Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 lowrider tour!

wgflatliner

Thanks for all the comments on the Chevelle.

Hope to have some updates on the 65 Impala soon,I run out TS-14 black and unfortunately will have to wait awhile before I can get some more.But in the mean time il try get the chassis and interior done.

Niko. Good to see some progress,engine is looking the part.Hope to see more progress of your build soon.

Bill. The Olds is looking excellent so far,sure does bling in the sunlight.

JamesDe. 55 turned out good, 70 Impala is progressing well. Forgive my lack of knowledge but what type of car is your third entry ?? I personally think any year/make of American hard top coupe's make great subjects for Lowrider's.Look foward to seeing more progress on your builds.

Mark. any updates on the 63 ??. 59 vert is going good so far,nice detail on the engine .Are you doing patterns ??

Mark. any updates on the 63 ??. 59 vert is going good so far,nice detail on the engine .Are you doing patterns ??

i forgot to take my 63 to work saturday to mask it off for the next color. but alas, it shall be done soon enough.

for the 59, i'm really considering just a metallic silver with a pearl clear coat. i MIGHT do a pattern on it, but i'm not entirely sure yet.

A little update for you guys. I've been able to get some bench time in the past couple of days which has been real nice. I've started assebling the engine. I wasn't sure what to do about a fuel filter so I made one basically buy cutting a piece of tube and gluing a piece of flat styrene in between the two pieces and gluing it all back together then drilling holes for the fuel line and shaping it. I found the flatest, thinest piece of styrene I could to put in the middle cause I wanted to simulate where the can crimps together but soon found out it was even too think. So I painted it black to simulate the mounting band.

DSC02493-vi.jpgDSC02496-vi.jpgDSC02498-vi.jpgDSC02509-vi.jpg

Details details details.... The lazy part of me wanted to leave this as is but I have some friends that pointed this out when they saw I bought the kit so I couldn't leave it as is. While its a small thing it took some time to do and really will make a difference in the finished product. It still needs some cleaning and touching up. I also got the chassis painted (no pic yet) and is in the dehydrator now. Maybe I can get you guys a mock up later tonight. Oh, and I also got the suspension painted.

DSC02500-vi.jpgDSC02501-vi.jpgDSC02503-vi.jpgDSC02505-vi.jpgDSC02507-vi.jpgDSC02515-vi.jpg

JamesDE. Thanks for the info.

One day id like to get a 75 Duster and a 76 Nova and build them as Lowrider's just for something different..

Steve. Good to see some progress.

Mark. patterns or no patterns the 59 is still going to look nice pearl coated metallic silver, especially with all the chrome.

Bill, good job on the detail work.

Keep at it fella's

Guest JamesDE

Got the base coat layed on the 70.... Hoping to have it in paint in the next hour or so.... Nothing special, just a single color...

Guest JamesDE

The 70 is silver based and alumna pearl yellow, the Duster is the last of the dark cherry pearl that I had.... I should have it in clear tomorrow if it's not raining...

I got another part on the side of the car done (the 63). Right below the side trim, I did an over coat of aluma yellow pearl. The end result is a lime ice greenish gold which compliments the car.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the side of the car above the trim. It's going to be Boyd's chezoom teal though. I'm thinking chevrons near the back, but drawing a blank with the rest.

I'm going to play around in ms paint and see what I can come up with.

Stay tuned (pun intended)

luke your paint skill is pretty amazing. looks great!

here's a generic idea of what i'm thinking for a design on the 63.

63imp.jpg

i was thinking instead of the lines on the teal design i'd make them a celtic knot pattern instead. i also plan on fading the bottom edge of the car in teal to tie it all together.