Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 lowrider tour!

wgflatliner

Hey Luke i think you got the hang of that airbrush pretty quick.... man that design is awesome .... :D ....Not criticizing in any way, but id love to see this all in colour......Im smoothin out the Monte Carlo bodywork at the mo, then Im going to try something Crazy for the paintjob... :blink: , .you do great paint mate, wish i was half as good as this.... :( .....Lowlife ! !

Edited by Lowlife ! !

Thanks for the comments on the paint work.

Hey Luke i think you got the hang of that airbrush pretty quick.... man that design is awesome .... :D ....Not criticizing in any way, but id love to see this all in colour......Im smoothin out the Monte Carlo bodywork at the mo, then Im going to try something Crazy for the paintjob... :blink: , .you do great paint mate, wish i was half as good as this.... :( .....Lowlife ! !

Thanks Martin.

I did alot of research and watched many youtube videos before I attempted using the airbrush.Which helped big time.

Yeah the whole body is getting done,Im currently working on the sides,should be done in a few days.

Just a suggestion before you do some tape and paint work on the Monte,find some spare bonnets/hoods and have some practice on them first.

Hey Luke..

need some info Bud...

Do you happen to have the number for the Pegusus wheel and rim combo?

I can't find mine and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks... James aka Joker

Pegasus #1109 "Dz's" Chrome

Thats what I use on my builds and I get them from here http://stores.scaled.../Categories.bok

alright, here's an update.

the trunk mural is going to be the evil leprechaun.

this is only a progress photo.

i need to touch up on the hat and get it perfected. once i get the hat done, i'll slowly work in the building up of the hands and shoulder areas. once it's final then i'll start foiling and clear coat.

i also did another coat for the bottom of the hood to tie it all together.

DSC03687.jpg

Wow Mark, awesome mural i cant wait to see it done.... Oh and Luke, Im thinking of hand painting the whole car.... :blink: ! !...Yeah its gonna need practice but i can always sand it off.... :D ..... Bit of an update for ya, didnt like the door panels so ive redone one side ( almost finished.. ) Im just deciding on some new scratch built seats next ! ! The bodyworks coming along, no door handles, shortened bonnet and boot, smoothed scuttle area and blended in front and rear light surrounds...Just fitting all the panels together now, more progress soon ( i hope... ! ! ) ........ Lowlife ! !

08052012850.jpg

08052012849.jpg

08052012851.jpg

Using Mark's( wgflatliner)double #11 blade tape technique..

(thanks Mark)

I ventured into adding some scallops to the roof.

The round tape was cut using a paper hole puncher.

DSCN1351-vi.jpg

DSCN1352-vi.jpg

DSCN1359-vi.jpg

with visor

DSCN1361-vi.jpg

this is my modeling OCD kicking in..

the rear view mirror looked naked..

so I carved and painted one of these...LOL

RSCN1365-vi.jpg

James aka Joker

Guest Darkside Customs

Man, I'm missing a lot of cool things in here... Nice work guys... I'm diggin that Monte all opened up... And James that is top notch work on the bomb...

Well ..she's done for.

Went with baby moons and wide whites.

Dollar store notebook divider window tint..LOL

The BMF gave me so much grief..doing the Cruz

scribing tech next time(great video thanks)..

you live and you learn...

Got a 59 Chevy El Camino waiting for primer.

DSCN1378-vi.jpg

DSCN1373-vi.jpg

DSCN1376-vi.jpg

James aka Joker

Guest Darkside Customs

I'm gonna post this in here.... Posted in the workbench section....

My latest entry... A 94 Dodge Stealth....

So far I have the chrome gold plated, door handles shaved, and the roof smoothed out...

d6ef92fc.jpg

Engine started...

6445813e.jpg

828f74e9.jpg

Got most of the engine pieces painted... Block assembled...drivetrain parts painted as well....

445e56d0.jpg

88b2b437.jpg