Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 lowrider tour!

wgflatliner

WOW, I'm rarely drooling, but now I am. That Chevelle turned out FANTASTIC! Paintjob is beautiful, and I dig the stance. Your know how to make these Lowriders look cool.

Some Stepside pictures too, the engine is now at this point. Otherwise it's built box stock, but spark plug wires and some linkage for the transmission are the things, I've added. Air Cleaner is also aftermarket stuff. I will continue with more detailing soon.

P2230853.jpg

P2230857.jpg

Guys I gotta say, thanks for having me. This is a wounderful thread with some insperation for sure! I came across this thread last night and it got me all pumped up to hit the bench. Its funny that Cranky has picked a Ranchero cause that's on my lowrider build list as well so I'm real interested to see what he has bubbling in his head and watch it come to life. I could go on about all the builds happening in this thread but you guys would be here awhile! Haha!

On to what's on the bench..... I started this Olds Cutlass at the end of last year but life and lack of interest got in the way. Here's some pics I took as I went through to where I am now plus the last two pics will be as it sits tonight as I just pilled everything on the bench to take pics and get my marbles together.

I have the ride height set, and wheels picked out. I'm not gona have this much camber this is just a mock up...

DSC06508-vi.jpg

After sanding on the plastic body for three days to smooth the plastic I primed with Dupli white, then shot a base coat of Testers Diamond dust, then shot MM Plum Crazy, and cleared with Dupli acrylic lacquer. I have the trunk and left side of the car polished, still have to do the hood and right side.

DSC06589-vi.jpgDSC06646-vi.jpgDSC06672-vi.jpgDSC06674-vi.jpg

And finally what it looks like on the bench right now. I got some engine pieces painted but nothing assembled. I had the chassis painted but had to strip.

DSC02491-vi.jpgDSC02492-vi.jpg

I hope the community is cool with this and I will start working tonight and keep you guys posted. The builds on this thread are looking GREAT guys! Keep it up!

Guest JamesDE

Movin right along.... Got my interior in primer and gonna paint it here in a bit..... I have a crazy sleep pattern.... Insomnia..... Lol, so I should have the 55 BelAir done tonite.... If I keep movin on like this, I may even throw a third one out here.....

I did some basic body work to the 59 and got it in metalizer aluminum plate for the primer. I just need to do minor touch up on the front to get rid of some flash that I missed.

I plan on doing the car in silver with the fender skirts and the continental kit. The interior is going to likely be black with blue inserts.