Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 lowrider tour!

wgflatliner

Wow gentlemen these Lowriders are looking bad as$. Is that a Duster lowrider I see being built......now that has my attention. Cool hands has the most perfect photo spot on the planet I mean your pictures are almost too perfect dude :lol: Bill nice job on the building the extra detail pieces, you went above and beyond on the grill and it will pay in the end. I had to do a similar treatment on the rear bumper of my '67 Chevelle, but yours took quite a bit more tape and patients. As Cranky says...."keep the eye candy coming".

Guest JamesDE

Wow gentlemen these Lowriders are looking bad as$. Is that a Duster lowrider I see being built......now that has my attention. Cool hands has the most perfect photo spot on the planet I mean your pictures are almost too perfect dude :lol: Bill nice job on the building the extra detail pieces, you went above and beyond on the grill and it will pay in the end. I had to do a similar treatment on the rear bumper of my '67 Chevelle, but yours took quite a bit more tape and patients. As Cranky says...."keep the eye candy coming".

Yes it is a Duster...

The time of day was perfect..that reflection on the car and on the water puddle....Wow ! Like a glass lake.

Thanks Joker.

Yep shot the pics an hour or 2 before sunset,then kept moving it around until the angle was just right to get a full reflection on the side of the car and full reflection in the puddle.

yep any time any build style curbside or not. it's for the entire year. so the more the merrier!

Sweet!! Thanks...I may just have to join this build. Gonna show a pic of a build I did years ago. I sold it when I went away to college and always regretted getting rid of it. I have always wanted to built it again. seeing this thread made me want to recreate this car.

Picture015.jpg

here's an update.

for the side i wanted to do a celtic knot in green along the sides, but faded with chezoom teal.

here's the first step, where i was laying down the lines for the knot.

DSC03674.jpg

after paint - i left the edges a little rough in terms of straightness for a reason, you'll see what i mean.

DSC03675.jpg

re-masked the lower half of the sides and the roof, getting ready for some more chezoom teal

DSC03676.jpg

fade on the sides mostly done, lower mask removed (a little overspray will help the fade look.

DSC03677.jpg

more pics in a sec

trunk and hood was added after the paint laid down and faded in to prepare for the murals. the fade isn't perfect, but that's the goal i have in mind anyways. you'll see as i progress later on with the mural.

DSC03678.jpg

DSC03681.jpg

over-all look thus far. i have also faded the bottom of the body in the chezoom teal as well, to clean up the bottom.

DSC03679.jpg

DSC03682.jpg

the dark fades and lighter areas is just the way the light is reflecting off the paint.

Hi Guys...Im Lowlife from the UK..... :) ...Huge Lowrider fan, i was contacted by 'Cool Hand' Luke ( Thanks again mate ) on another forum to see if was interested joining in the build.... Wow you guys build some seriously cool cars... Im mid way through a Monte Carlo build, and Ive got a 59 Impala on order too, so be posting pics up soon..... Thanks..... Lowlife ! !

Jus to get you up to date with this one, everything i could chrome plate has been done in either chrome from the spares box, or BMF (chrome and gold) and alclad spray... Engine and hydros were plumbed/ wired and its now got a coat of flake on the chassis... Drivers door will be opening, split bonnet and boot, and removed the inner wings. Might add a T top or sunroof too... Interior is felt, BMF sheet, and anything else that fits in...Not decided on paint, possibly a orange pearl with flake :) ..... Lowlife ! !