Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 lowrider tour!

wgflatliner

Jus to get you up to date with this one, everything i could chrome plate has been done in either chrome from the spares box, or BMF (chrome and gold) and alclad spray... Engine and hydros were plumbed/ wired and its now got a coat of flake on the chassis... Drivers door will be opening, split bonnet and boot, and removed the inner wings. Might add a T top or sunroof too... Interior is felt, BMF sheet, and anything else that fits in...Not decided on paint, possibly a orange pearl with flake :) ..... Lowlife ! !

Good work, sir!

I need to learn how to plumb hydros

Jon, 58 is looking good.

Hey Martin,glad to see you made it over here and decided to join in.

Your Monte has some excellent work done so far,lost of detail for sure.Its going to be very impressive when completed.

Look foward to seeing what you do with the 59.

Mark, looks excellent in the mock up.The gold really does go well with the colours on the body.

Got my 59 Impala Convertible in the post this morning.... :) .....But i think i may try an finish the Monte Carlo first....I enjoy a bit of research when i get a new kit so im just gonna collect a few engine an interior pics of 59's, i may order a few bits too as im out of chrome foil....Hey Mark the 64s comin along really well, ive never tried such an intricate spray job, yours looks great !! And James the engines looking great, love the 70s shape, idea Lolo material..... :D ...Keep em comin guys i love this thread...... Lowlife ! !

Guest JamesDE

So I'm starting to get a headache from doing my most hated job.... Foiling.... I despise foiling, but it has to be done.... I'm hoping to have the car finished tonite or tomorrow... I'll get pics up in a bit... Everyone is doing great work in here!

Took pic with lame iPad camera.

Better pics coming tonight.

6a98aab4.jpg

Mocked up

e2186c52.jpg

Basically I did a solid minty green cloud effect on the trunk and hood as you can see. I then came up with the idea of what kind of Celtic knot I wanted.. So I got the circle in and located absolute center, then built off of that. Some of the tape sticks up which makes it easier to remove the tape after paint. There is a little overlap on the outer edges of the outer circle, but I plan on fading it in so it appears the knot is under the top layer of paint. This took me roughly 6 hours to tape the design in without tweezers... And man I got some fat fingers!

Tonight I will wrap up the hood in terms of paint and I can then start the leprechaun.

Guest JamesDE

Got the 70 finished up... I'm not too thrilled with the way the hood doesn't quite fit right.... Other than that, here's a teaser pic... I'll post the rest under glass...

2686063c.jpg

JamesDe, the 70 came out real good.

Mark, your builds paint work just keeps getting more impressive each time you post an update,excellent tape work on the celtic knot.

Im still waiting to get some paint for the 65 Impala,but in the mean time ive been practicing and doing test piece's of patterns.

Edited by Cool Hand

Went with a Bomb for my next build..after the 76 Caprice.

Made new skirts ..flush to the body and curved the bottoms

to follow the rear fender. Scalloped the rear lite pods.

But the most work has been on creating a "Phantom Wagon"

out of a panel. The kit is Revell Speed Shop Express Chevy Sedan

Delivery.Going for a Rootbeer and white two tone paint.

Not going the "Traditional" route..hitting it with a capital "K" for KUSTOM.

DSCN1269-vi.jpg

DSCN1273-vi.jpg

RSCN1281-vi.jpg

James aka Joker

Ok,just for you Doc.

Im still waiting for paint for the 65 Impala.

So in the meantime I have been working on this (its Lowrider related just not being built for this topic)

Just practicing doing patterns and using an airbrush to apply paint,in preperation for another build I plan to do for this C.B

fullbodypatternstopcompletea.jpg

fullbodypatternstopcompleteb.jpg

fullbodypatternstopcompletec.jpg