Model Cars Magazine Forum

How focused are your scale modeling interests?

How focused are your scale modeling interests?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. How focused are your builds?

• I build exclusively from one automotive genre that interests me. (Drag racers, semis, traditional rods)
    • I build from one automotive genre most of the time but throw something different in there from time to time.
    • I build a variety of different automotive genres.
    • I don't even specialize in just building cars.

I picked number three also. Pro streets,street machines and drag cars are my favorites,but I'll build pretty much anything automotive. I have just about every genre on my shelf except for rat rods.

For me, it's just Corvettes. Love the car, hope to own one some day, and have so much reference material that it makes it easier to fully detail everything. Really have zero interest in building race cars, drag racers, trucks, etc. Just like me my Vettes. :D

For me, if I the subject 'gets' me, I build it. Period. Sure, I have my likes and dislikes, and there are certain genres and car manufacurers I favor above all others, but if I see something I like, I'll get to modeling it eventually. Sometimes I'll even buy a kit of a subject I'm not too wild about just to see what all the fuss over it is about, and oftentimes, I'll build that kit in accordance with my tastes.

And this doesn't just apply to auto models- I've built everything from a Batman Batwing, WWII battleships, a Star Trek model or two, and a Ford Tri-Motor plane.

I like a bit of everything. Kind of like the classic bell curve. The center part is sports cars and sports race cars & F-1, next area is Krazy Kustoms, Then aircraft and things that float. Never build any armor, though I have a few kits. Armor is more of an idol curiousity to me.

I've got cars on the shelf, but they're sharing space with some resin anime kits and a couple of Star Trek kits. I do a little of everything. Looking forward to building the Enterprise C. On my bench right now I've got a 58 T-Bird and a resin kit of a girl with guns.