Model Cars Magazine Forum

From the book of Sin: 67 Impala replica commission build

sinicle

As the title implies, this is a commission build of a replica 67 Impala. I started with the AMT street machine kit. The list of mods nessisary to make this kit a true replica include shaving all SS trim and emblems, adding standard Impala side trim, fender skirts, dual rear antennas(with 76 balls), sunroof, cat eye headlight covers, blinds for the rear window, a bench front seat, red "breezies" for the wind wings, spoke Chevy hubcaps, standard steering wheel, color bar, tissue dispenser, bumper guards (front and rear), and building a motor to match the 1:1.

First on the agenda is the bodywork. Made the skirts and the trim

bbebe3aa.jpg

b869f86f.jpg

98de69df.jpg

Next up was the hubcaps. I made these with the Deeks straight lace spokes, scratch built hubs, and rings from an old kit.

This is what I had to go off of

ddff6b66.jpg

Here's mine

1d252922.jpg

Those who know me, know I have to make'em functional! :D

f45c9655.jpg

6ecf65d7.jpg

nice build , If you going for replica maybe you should redo the ring on the hubcaps they look a tad to wide for scale. Other than that keep up the good work. B)

Agree! Just file down some plastic from underneath so they flush more with the tire, and it should be so much more spot on!

Thanks for looking guys B)

got the bodywork 99% and primered.

fe049695.jpg

and got the tissue dispenser finished

cd616629.jpg

@ Luis: I'll post pics of the clients car in the finished shoot. it's a surprise gift from the guy's wife, and I told her I wouldn't post pics out of the random chance he stumble onto this.