Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW 1300

W-409

My first build in 2012. Built as a birthday present to match beformer 1:1 car. Basis for the build was Hasegawa Beetle, and it was quite simple kit- no engine and simple chassis. Interior and body were good, though. There were some mold lines anyway and I had to remove them before painting. Color is Maston white, and clear is Maston's also. I waxed it, but no polishing this time.

Chassis is mainly black, and everything is painted by brush. Shocks are red, and there are some silver details, but otherwise it's gloss, semi gloss or matt black. Red & Black interior is painted by brush too, and I used finally masking tape when painting those seats. It was worth it, and I guess I must start using masking tape often. Nothing special in final assembly, Finnish register plates are home made, but their shape isn't perfect. Overall I'm pretty happy about it.

Let Me Know, What Do You Guys Think.

P3240334.jpg

P3240335.jpg

P3240336.jpg

P3240338.jpg

P3240339.jpg

P3240340.jpg

P3240343.jpg

P3240346.jpg

P3240348.jpg

Guest Johnny

If I is an old VW I love it! For a simplified kit it builds into a nice representation! B)

Spend many a day working on the 1:1 versions! :lol:

Wow, thanks everyone :) ! I really appreciate the comments.

Graig: Body is spraypainted, but everything else is painted by paintbrush. That's the normal way, well sometimes I paint chassis with spray too, but sometimes I use paint brush (as I did with this)

Geoff: I've got lots of inspiration from your European car builds, and that's one more reason why I built this one. ;)

Peter: Yeah, this is also built to my grandfather, who had 1:1 with those ZJE-4 register plates. That was on 70's.

Ron: It's 1/24 scale.

And yes, thanks again everyone, comments are very great to hear, and they're appreciated.

Thanks Jason and Bruce!

The decklid latch seems to be upside down. Äh, well I guess I have to let it be, since I don't have this build anymore.

And yes, these are very rare nowadays, but they were really popular (and cheap!) on the 60's. It's a shame, VW Beetle is really nice looking little car.