Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Ford Custom 300

jdcar32

Very nice. Great job on opening the doors.

Question: how did you separate the frame with all the molded-in detail and get it to still go back together and look right underneath. Some pictures would be helpful.

Charlie Larkin

Always loved these cars since watching "Thunder Road" as a kid. This is the AMT kit converted from a Fairlane. If only I had known about the pending release of the new 57 Ford, DOH! The chassis is separated from the pan so everyting down there could be detailed. The 312 Y block has the Paxton blower, reworked per photo references. The interior panels are reworked to simulate low line trim. Paint is generic rattle can green and white. Poverty caps are Modelhaus. Thanks for looking.

th_P4280119.jpg?t=1287260846th_P4280115.jpg?t=1287235292th_P4280111.jpg?t=1287235196th_P4280109.jpg?t=1287235083th_P3130046.jpg?t=1287234948post-9876-0-07305800-1336406739_thumb.jp

Edited by jdcar32

That looks good and don't bemoan the fact that Revell is bringing one out. My opinion is that they are making a mistake like AMT did by not issuing a '58 Ford Fairlane instead of the Edsel. Hopefully,maybe if the "57 sells well they will see that a '58 could be a good thing.

Very nice job on your conversion. Looks really sharp, and I like the simple look too.

Any new word on when the Revell piece will be out? The last I saw it was this year, but am hoping maybe there's a more specific time frame by now.

Edited by futurattraction

Very nice job on your conversion. Looks really sharp, and I like the simple look too.

Any new word on when the Revell piece will be out? The last I saw it was this year, but am hoping maybe there's a more specific time frame by now.

Tower Hobbies is now showing late June, so maybe early July for general availability...

Cool Ford, it's always nice to see these "cheaper" models being built, not always the Fairlane, or Impala etc. Great job on the conversion and paint looks good too. I'd like to see just some more pictures.

Guest Johnny

Love it! There isn't a lot more to say than that! Just my era of cars and in that time I preferred the Ford designs over the Chevys! B)