Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2012 Fall New Releases Announced

I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in that Omni listing.

I am on the Preferred Partner's program with Revell USA, and the Corvette isn't on any of the release lists for the next 3 months.

Here is what the release list looks like out to September, but keep in mind, all the releases but the July ones aren't set in stone and can change (and usually do) anytime:

July

SSP 1:16 359 PETERBILT® CONVENTIONAL

TRUCKS 1:24 GMC® PICKUP W/ SNOW PLOW

August

SNAPTITE® 1:32 FORD AEROMAX

DREAM RIDES 1:24 SHELBY® COBRA 427 S/C®

DREAM RIDES 1:25 '04 CORVETTE® Z06™

DREAM RIDES 1:24 '70 BUICK GSX™

TOM DANIEL 1:24 '55™CHEVY® BADMAN®

September

DREAM RIDES 1:25 DODGE VIPER RT/10

DREAM RIDES 1:24 '93 MUSTANG SVT COBRA

DREAM RIDES 1:24 '71 PLYMOUTH GTX

SPECIAL EDITION 1:25 '50 OLDSMOBILE CLUB COUPE 2N1

MUSCLE 1:25 '69 DODGE CHARGER DAYTONA

July

SSP 1:16 359 PETERBILT® CONVENTIONAL

TRUCKS 1:24 GMC® PICKUP W/ SNOW PLOW

August

DREAM RIDES 1:25 '04 CORVETTE® Z06™

DREAM RIDES 1:24 '70 BUICK GSX™

Here is what the release list looks like out to September, but keep in mind, all the releases but the July ones aren't set in stone and can change (and usually do) anytime:

I should say so since the two I left in the August listing are being released in July according to the Revell website...

Thanks guys,

I went to the LHS, my usual Saturday morning haunt, he said the '62 Corvette was an August release and pit an order in for one. Hopefully, it will get here before i leave for vacation!

Joe.

Thanks guys,

I went to the LHS, my usual Saturday morning haunt, he said the '62 Corvette was an August release and pit an order in for one. Hopefully, it will get here before i leave for vacation!

Joe.

With Revell, August means last week of August at the preferred partner shops, September elsewhere...

Like I said, unless things change in the release schedule (which I posted above) the '62 Corvette won't be out in August. There is a Corvette coming out in August, but it's not the '62, maybe that is where your LHS was confused.

Except that it's not anymore, the '04 Vette got bumped into July's releases.

Has anyone seen anything about the 69 Daytona? I'm guess it's the Promodeler one, does it still have all the parts init?

I assume it's just a straight reissue of the last issue. Not sure if the reissues had some parts deleted from the original ProModeler issue.

I assume it's just a straight reissue of the last issue. Not sure if the reissues had some parts deleted from the original ProModeler issue.

I thought the only "extra" in the Pro Modeler version was the p/e grille piece? This reissue should be the same as the last reissue.

Except that it's not anymore, the '04 Vette got bumped into July's releases.

Not sure where you are getting your info from, but as a dealer for Revell, I can tell you that the '04 Corvette isn't on the July releases, but set for August.

What Revell chooses to put on their public site for new releases, and what actually comes out (and what is showing on the Revell Dealer website) can be 2 different things. This is nothing new as far as Revell is concerned.

I mean the 1/16 Peterbuilt is showing on the public site as a June release.....well June releases are already out, and there is no sight of it, because it is actually a July release. Same with the '04 Corvette and the '70 Buick.....both August release and not July like it shows on the Revell public site.

Edited by Scott - Elm City Hobbies

snapback.pngScott - Elm City Hobbies, on 10 July 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

Not sure where you are getting your info from, but as a dealer for Revell, I can tell you that the '04 Corvette isn't on the July releases, but set for August.

Revell.

http://www.revell.com/new.html

Which as I explained is not always the "Gospel". They actually post quite a bit there and say it is coming out in Month X, when it doesn't come out until the following month.

Which as I explained is not always the "Gospel". They actually post quite a bit there and say it is coming out in Month X, when it doesn't come out until the following month.

The pattern I've observed is that if Revell says it is a July release, that means it will be at the preferred partner shops around the 25th of the month and everywhere else within about 2 weeks..i.e. early in the following month.

Edited by Rob Hall

Posted Today, 03:23 PM

snapback.pngScott - Elm City Hobbies, on 10 July 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

The pattern I've observed is that if Revell says it is a July release, that means it will be at the preferred partner shops around the 25th of the month and everywhere else within about 2 weeks..i.e. early in the following month.

OK.... believe what you want, don't believe a dealer that has been on Revell's Preferred Buyers program for about 4yrs, and has access to what is being released long before Revell makes it public knowledge.

Just trying to do my part and keep you updated on what is coming out when. I stand by what I posted as far a releases go.

The release list I posted above is the latest that Revell has issued to their dealers, July releases are what will be coming to us Preferred Buyers about the last week of July, hence it being a July release. "04 Corvette and the '70 Buick will be at the preferred dealers about the last week of August, hence an AUGUST release. No mention as of yet as to when the '62 Corvette will be out, but looking at the list of releases, it will likely be Oct. or Nov before it is out, definitely in time for Xmas I would think.

OK.... believe what you want, don't believe a dealer that has been on Revell's Preferred Buyers program for about 4yrs, and has access to what is being released long before Revell makes it public knowledge.

Just trying to do my part and keep you updated on what is coming out when. I stand by what I posted as far a releases go.

The release list I posted above is the latest that Revell has issued to their dealers, July releases are what will be coming to us Preferred Buyers about the last week of July, hence it being a July release. "04 Corvette and the '70 Buick will be at the preferred dealers about the last week of August, hence an AUGUST release. No mention as of yet as to when the '62 Corvette will be out, but looking at the list of releases, it will likely be Oct. or Nov before it is out, definitely in time for Xmas I would think.

Revell should update their website then...

The Promodeler kit had a 440 and 426 engine and parts for a stock car version.

Thanks, Brian. I think I was thinking of the standard '69 Daytona kit, as I recall seeing the p/e grille on the box images.

I didn't know they had released it as just a stock Daytona, still useful but not what I was hoping for.

The 2nd and 3rd issues were around '04 and and '07 IIRC...both releases had red cars on the boxes..

Edited by Rob Hall

Man I'm not trying to start an argument with you, pick on you, or embarrass you. Perhaps you woke up on the wrong side of the Looney or whatever. But to us filthy unwashed general public and our knowledge, the Revell Website...which no offense to you I presume to be a higher authority on what they plan to do than whatever they happen to tell their retailers in advance lists the '04 Vette and GSX as July releases...as seen HERE! (aircraft models taken off because they made this post error with "You are trying to post more images than allowed")

subhead-new-july.gif

85-4029-sm.jpg

news_arrow.gif1/25 '04 Corvette® Z06™

85-4029 85-4030-sm.jpg

news_arrow.gif1/24 '70 Buick™ GSX™

85-4030 85-7222-sm.jpg

news_arrow.gif1/24 GMC® Pickup w/ Snow Plow

85-7222

Preferred retailer or not, I can't see why you want to argue about something that is plain as day. I wasn't even going as a dig towards you or anyone else. Rather a comment about Revell changing their release schedule seemingly randomly on a whim. I do wonder what (if anything) is going to slot into those 2 open August release slots however...

Edited by niteowl7710

I have no dog in this fight but it could be there is conflicting information coming from Revell?

Either way, until they are on the shelf it doesn't really matter does it?

Agreed, I dont get why people are making a big deal over it, the kits will be out when Revell releases them.

Edited by martinfan5