Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Chrysler 300 Photos

ARRrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.......big,vein in forehead popping out........getting anxious to see it on the shelves..... :D

From what Dave M told me 24hrs ago--I should see a final test shot of the '55 Chrysler either tomorrow or Saturday. I've got most of the approved parts here already, only the body had some stuff to be corrected--I think this is gonna be a kit for the ages! Chrysler advertised their 1955 line as the "Million Dollar Look"--and they were the first completely new Mopars since the late 1930's--and I am pretty certain I am gonna be blown away once more.

Art

Hi folks,

I was just looking at the pics and must say this is going to be a great model!!!!

I am looking forward to getting one.

The only thing I noticed is that the front wheels do not look straight in alignment.

Am I wrong and I don't know if it has been mentioned before.The engine bay looks fantastic along with everything else

Yes, they had the 331 cid Hemi(the first Hemi by Chrysler) that made 300 HP. Just a great in 1955. I have a 1953 New Yorker Deluxe with the 331 cid Hemi with 180 HP. And to think the 1955 - 56 Chrysler's took Nascar by storm them years winning almost every race? By 1958 the Chrysler Hemi grew to 392 cid with 380 HP. Remember Lee Petty and Buck Baker were in Nascar with them and a guy by the name of Don Garlits was winning in drag racing with them early Hemi's. Hope they make some model's of them early Chrysler race cars of nascar and of the nhra back in the 50's thru the mid 70's when Chrysler was top of the heap with its Hemi. Also in 1953 Chrysler won the Bau Ha 1000 in Mexico in a 1953 Chrysler 331 cid Hemi engine. No matter the size it was a great engine for its time.

Yes, they had the 331 cid Hemi(the first Hemi by Chrysler) that made 300 HP. Just a great in 1955. I have a 1953 New Yorker Deluxe with the 331 cid Hemi with 180 HP. And to think the 1955 - 56 Chrysler's took Nascar by storm them years winning almost every race? By 1958 the Chrysler Hemi grew to 392 cid with 380 HP. Remember Lee Petty and Buck Baker were in Nascar with them and a guy by the name of Don Garlits was winning in drag racing with them early Hemi's. Hope they make some model's of them early Chrysler race cars of nascar and of the nhra back in the 50's thru the mid 70's when Chrysler was top of the heap with its Hemi. Also in 1953 Chrysler won the Bau Ha 1000 in Mexico in a 1953 Chrysler 331 cid Hemi engine. No matter the size it was a great engine for its time.

Hemi:

331cid in 1955, 354cid in 1956, 392cid 1957-58

Art

While I haven't bought the Hudson kit only because I have no interest in one, I have heard great reviews on this kit. Art, will the 300 be as good as the Hudson kit? I'm looking forward to getting one.

Every bit as nice.

Yes, and that was the Hemi's made by Chrysler, How about the Hemi's made by Desoto and Dodge?

Not sure on the relevence being this is a Chrysler, but if I recall the Desotos came in 276, 291, 330 and 345 displacements, and the Dodge Red Rams were 241, 270, 315, and 325. Depending on year/model/etc. B)

There were 14 different cubic inch displacements available in the 'Whale', all the way from 241cid up to the 392cid.

By Make:

Chrysler and Imperial: 331, 354, 392

Desoto: 276, 291, 330, 341, 345

Dodge: 241, 270, 315, 325

Oh, and we are STILL waiting for the pictures.

Edited by whale392