Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Petty Roadrunner

Scottnkat

My Roadrunner is done. Just to summarize, I used many of the parts from the Monogram '71 Roadrunner kit. The 426 Hemi engine came from the MPC '70 Coronet Super Bee. The rollcage, seat, window net, dashboard, rear end cooler, fire extinguisher, shock absorbers, and firewall were all handmade. The tires and wheels were resin copies. The hood was a resin copy of the GTX hood, but the large bump in the middle was sanded down to make it level with the rest of the hood. The decals were from Slixx. Here's the pics:

DSCN1343a.jpg

DSCN1344a.jpg

DSCN1345a.jpg

DSCN1346a.jpg

DSCN1347a.jpg

Thank you for the comments, guys - I had four builds going on at once, so it took me a little while to get this one done. I think I'm going to keep it to two builds at a time from now on - it just takes too long with four of them at once.

Another winner, buddy! Someone ought to get in touch with "The King" and have him check out your work!

......The best idea l've heard all year! Scott, you've done yourself proud once again. Can almost hear & smell it. Beautiful build. Please keep 'em coming. Bart.

Thanks for the comments, guys. I really do appreciate it, but I did find a few things that I will change when I make another one (which I am planning on doing later).

Mike, the wheels are the correct scale. I had test-fit them and they fit in fine, but when I put the superglue on (both wheels and tires are resin), they stuck out just a touch. However, superglue dries rather quickly so I couldn't quite get them all fixed before they had set. Just one more thing for me to watch out for in the future.

• 1 month later...