Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

HOT FLASH - Model Cars Mag at Barnes & Noble!

Got a message from Gregg. Model Cars Magazine will be on sale on the newsstand at Barnes & Noble starting with the upcoming July issue!

Finally! After all this time, his perserverance pays off!

Go get one. Buy 'em out.

Even if you subscribe, buy another one off the B&N newsstand to give to a friend or donate to a kids' club or school. Just buy 'em out.

Let's show B&N what they've been missing by not stocking MCM before now.

Congrats to the Big Kahuna and all the gang and staff at MCM and Golden Bell!

B)

Nearest Barnes & Noble to me is an hour and half drive. I could almost pay for a subscription for the cost of gas. My not so local hobby shop has MCM occasionally. But they are always way out of date. A few months ago they had some that were a year old. The really sad part was they still wanted full price for one.

that is because Golden Bell will not buy them back, we get stuck with the ones that dont sell, so either we sell them at full price, or take a hit and discount them. My store takes a hit and donates them.

Ah. That could explain why they were a year old! :rolleyes:

that is because Golden Bell will not buy them back, we get stuck with the ones that dont sell, so either we sell them at full price, or take a hit and discount them. My store takes a hit and donates them.

First time I've ever heard of a store having leftovers. Around here, the only places that carry MCM never have enough for the demand.

B)

That is good news as my subscription has run out and finances are too tight for a renewal, so it just may be one copy at a time.

It would be helpful to know when the new issues are shipped to save me from having to make multiple trips to the store until the get the magazine.

Which LHS here carrys it?, I have not seen it in the two HB's , but could be they were sold out

I've bought it at Hobby Depot.

GOOD JOB BIG KUHAUNA, NOW YOU WILL BE NATIONAL NEWSSTAND NEWS UNLIKE THAT OTHER MAGAZINE!!!!!!!!!!!

Huh? SA has been available at B&N and other bookstores for years...

Guest Johnny

Huh? SA has been available at B&N and other bookstores for years...

Yep! and that means I'll occasionally get another magazine for free minus the upc barcode! ;)

Good news but the closest B&N is an hour away. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get one if by chance they don't sell out. I quit subscribing years ago because every issue arrived in my mailbox with the cover trashed, followed up by phone calls to Golden Bell Press saying it happened again. Funny thing is replacement copy never had damage.

I sure enjoy all my digital magazines. No gas, no wear and tear on my car, no walking to my mailbox, Wake up Greg, get with the program go digital, after all lesser magazines are.

I use to be able to get an occassional MCM in th e'Hobby Stop" in Seaford, Del.

but didn't see them or the Other one the last time I was able to got there.

I have a B&N 32 miles north of me ans 15 miles closer than the Hobby Stop.

I will start going there to look for the mag!!

Why doesn't the publisher collect unsold issues to sell in the back issue order form??