Model Cars Magazine Forum

Blowing smoke.

I don't usually go "off topic", but i'm very proud of myself right now. I used to build a little, stop and take a few puffs, put the cigarette out and model a little more until the next craving. I am VERY proud to say, As of today I have been smoke free for twenty days! :) :) :)

There's only one real drawback. It's amazing to me the amount of different smells the smoke was covering up! :wacko::D Well, with a fresh batch of airwicks and stolid resolve I have ended my thirty years as a smoker and have no intention of going back.

Congrats!!!!!!!,you will be amazed the GOOD smells that you will smell again,I smoked 20yrs and was up to 3 yes 3 packs a day,I quit 15yrs ago....I see you are from Parkersburg,so you get a nice "Fall" season,I remember my first Fall after I quit,it was like WOW,forgot those smells existed.............enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!

I smoked since I was old enough to "borrow" a pack from Dad's stash. I quit January 6th 2012, and haven't smoked since. I'm 56................................do the math.

I did however slip the restraints a time or two, and threaten everyone around me with great bodily harm.

My lovely wife had the answer, quote "If you don't behave I'll punch you in the (expletive) head." end quote. As far a smoking she stated " If I catch you with a cigarette I'll punch you in the (expletive) head." Nothing quite like the support of a loving spouse to help a guy through the rough spots.

G

Congrats ! ! ! Now all that money you spent on cigarrettes you can spend on models... :lol: :lol: LOL

AND THAT my friends, is exactly the statement that put me over the edge. My mom said that to me last month and I thought 'what am I doing to myself? Never mind lacquerlung and putty dust, i'm buying these things with the express purpose of filling my lungs!'

I'm already breathing better. :)

Congrats!! One of the few cases where 'a quitter always wins' :lol:

I'm not a smoker... Tried it 2 or 3 times in my younger years and always got sick... Good thing! ...but, I used to drink a LOT and quit shortly after my daughter was born. I know it can be a challenge quitting any kind of addiction (sometimes a HUGE challenge).

I drank so much, I used to go through a 30 pack in about 2-3 days (this went on every day for about 6 years). One day, I looked at my little girl and said to myself "ENOUGH WITH THIS!"... Just quit cold turkey. Amazingly, it wasn't really that bad. Just goes to show, if you want something bad enough you CAN do it.

A favorite quote of mine, by the late Napoleon Hill - "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve"

Kevin , You CAN do this !

I started smoking in the service at 17 . I smoked 2 packs a day for 38 years ! Last June 2nd something happened and I had to quit . Now after a year I feel better and can honestly say " I don't want a cigarette " ! And the extra $$$ don't hurt either !

Hang in there !

BOB .

Congrads Kevin! As a X-smoker myself I understand the smell differences you refer to. That was tough to get used to. Taste buds took a while to adjust also. Here is the real deal: It is not about stopping smoking.......It is about staying stopped.

Great,, I stopped 4 mos ago,,after the Doctor beat the Dodo out of me,,,after 45 yrs of smoke'n, and i find it amazing how bad smoke smells,, and i think, did i smell like that all them years,, gross.. And can breath better, taste, smell, and i really do feel better. Its not easy, but i just remember what the Doctor said,,and i fell better

May God Bless each and everyone of you that have Quit smokin, and drink'n..

P.S. more money for models too...lol

Congrats & hope you stay smoke free. Quitting is easy, l've done it hundreds of times! The 1st was when they reached $1.00 a pack. Now l pay over $5.00 per. My lungs & wallet are ready, just have trouble getting my head wrapped around it!

I still smoke and I like it.

But your lungs are taking a huge beating. And your arteries. And you're taking years off your life, and increasing your risk of getting cancer, emphysema and more. And stinking up the house.

But hey, as long as you like it... :D

Congratulations, I wish I could say the same.

Smoking has been the hardest thing for me to quit. I quit drinking no problem. quit taking drugs no problem. Smoking on the other hand has me :(

Dude I feel your pain. I drank like a fish for years, but when I had my first child that was easily put aside. Drugs weren't in the picture at all, weird since I'm a child of the 70's. Smoking on the other hand, well kicking that took some time.

Look at it this way you're two out of three as of now. That's ahead of the curve no matter how you cut it. Biggest thing for me? The expense, momma said I could spend the extra money on models, so I went ahead and quit. That and the threat of bodily harm.

G

Hang in there, giving up is worth it. Wishing you all the best.

I only ever smoked ciggies for a few years, and gave up when I was 27 on the day I was married in 1975. I simply decided I was no longer a smoker, and that was it. Haven't had a ciggie since.

I do enjoy a quality cigar about 5 or 6 times a year, but I don't inhale those, and they certainly don't bring back any pangs for the ciggies.

I only ever smoked ciggies for a few years, and gave up when I was 27 on the day I was married in 1975. I simply decided I was no longer a smoker, and that was it. Haven't had a ciggie since.

Quitting "cold turkey" is tough. Not everyone has what it takes to do it that way. But congrats to you for doing it. B)