Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Your favorite genre of models!

A LOT!!

EDSEL, Wagons, Fire/Police/Emergency Vehicles, Muscle

Classic's, 40's, 50's, 60's

Buses, Pickups, Semi's, Indy Pace cars, Convertibles.

I have also built Ships, & Aircraft (civilian & Military) as well as a tank or 2

Lindberg's Caterpiler Heavy Dump, Scraper, & Wheel Loader,

and a few Show rods

Race cars, obviously, mostly all sorts of circle track cars. Same with drag cars, everything from local bracket cars to Top Fuel. Hot rods next. I've been known to do the occasionally factory stock. I would do more customs but the whole "fill, sand, prime, repeat" process is too much like work and I'm too lazy! :lol:

Of course for the last six months or so I've been lost in the O/T world of model railroading so . . . . :unsure:

I build mostly factory stock classics and muscle from the 20's to the 70's, occasionally a street rod or street machine, or newer car. I also venture a little into aircraft and helicopters, and TOS Star Trek.

Yes. :) Any subject. I used to do model airplanes and ships way back when. Did a lot of cars when I was younger. Did sci-fi kits. I've been doing garage resin kits of anime characters for a while now and still do. Did anime robots for a long time. Even have a collection of Warhammer 40K miniatures. You name it, I've probably painted it. :)

My Favorite Genre is Drag Racing Models. It doesn't matter if they are new or Modern Drag Racing Cars, as they usually don't have too big wheels, or new LS engines. But after Drag Racing, I would say Muscle Cars/StreetMachines Old School style, modern cars with big wheels and new "plastic engines" are not for me. <_<

Seems to change every 6 months for me. I've built military, planes and jets both modern and old, F1, drag racing, Nascar, rally car, muscle cars. Right now my WIPs are a 1/350 USS Enterprise, a 1/12 mustang, and a 1/16 funny car.

For cars, I tend to go for old-school kustoms, hot-rods and rat-rods, but I will go with anything that catches my eye.

For my modeling hobby in general, my particular interests come and go (aircraft, armor, Star Trek, Star Wars), but I always end up coming back to anime robots, like Mobile Suit Gundam.

Well I got back in the hobby back in the late 80's and early 90's building just NASCAR. then when I joined a club i got into everything but now I have been getting rid of the NASCAR and anything newer than the 70's stuff. Been building street rods mostlya dn now mostly doing mild to replcas of 50's and 60's customs.