Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Ford 5 window Highboy

Haubenschild

This is my first hot rod build....... yeah

I started out by spraying the block Tamiya TS-21 Gold straight from the can.

The carbs were painted a mix of XF-56 and XF-16.

I wanted this engine to be wired so I used a Pro Tech vertex magneto I had laying around.

I wasnt sure about the firing order of the engine , so I used the firing order from a Chrysler 426 Hemi.

The wiring dosent look very good , but Its good enough for me at this point.

003.jpg

Beautiful work (but don't let Harry see the floating alternator).

Darn it! I better put this engine into the bracketless alternator protection program :lol:

Here are the painted body pieces that were sprayed in Tamiya TS-52 Candy lime green from the can

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

010.jpg

Thanks! Yes it is a revell kit

I was originally going to use silver steelies and whitewalls , but the whitewall decals gave me so many problems. The decals seemed to small to fit the tires and they wouldnt lay flat on the sidewall , even with setting solution. So I ditched those and used wheels and tires from the Revell Rebel Racer vette kit. The wheels look nice IMO and it looks like they have molded in valve stems. The black sidewalls dont look as good as whitewalls but this is all I have

028.jpg

The chassis is almost done ( just have to add the rear shocks )

The steering linkage was a pain in the arse to install , but other than that the chassis went together easily.

I will be making exhaust tips cut out of alumnum tube ( thats why the exhaust is cut )

I will also be painting the interior today. I am just going to do a simple black with black carpet and a white seat , nothing special

028-1.jpg

nice work on the chassis.

FYI: in my limited experience ( having worked in a tune-up shop for six years and having my hands on over 10,000 cars/engines ) the most likely firing order for V8 Mopars is 18436572, I don't recall Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler getting adventurous with their firing orders like Ford and GM did.