Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Dodge Super Bee

geetee66

I bought htis kit on a whim a few years ago...didn't really know what I was going to do with it, but it was only a tenner.

google rersearch brought up the well-known Biohazard 1:1 car.

I decided that all chrome should be black and it needed a roll cage. (which I made from styrene rod)

Wheels are Aoshima Watanabe's. I dropped the suspension, added plug wires, battery cables and wires from the dynamo.

The paint is rattle can (A Chrysler hue: Snakeskin Pearl Effect) and has a nice gold glitter inside the lime green.

There were two engines in the kit (I think there's a pro street version as well as the stock version) so I opted for the Hemi and the more racy looking headers and pipes.

There was a bit of filling and bodywork to do, in order to get it all straight. The chrome was actually some of the best I've encountered on a kit and in a way a shame to destroy it, but once I decide on an idea, there's no going back....

153.jpg

I also added heater hoses and drilled brake discs (Pegasus)

158.jpg

Edited by geetee66

Here's a shot of the interior. I just used flat and semi-gloss black and some BMF on the dashboard. I added an indicator stalk made from fuse wire and opted for the kit's Hurst pistol-grip shifter.

185.jpg

I dunno bout you, but if I suddenly saw this grille in my rearview mirror, I'd get out of the way!

159.jpg

Cheers guys. Thanks for the nice comments.

I did consider a black hood Harry, but I decided that the flowing contours of the nose, extending out to the tops of the fenders, would look better without a split in the colour.

Edited by geetee66