Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Went to the only Hobby Lobby I know of that has on-site truck specific parking (Laredo, TX) and got the current issue of the Revell 1941 Chevy P/U and an Aoshima Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG (40% coupon goodness). Waiting on a 4 pack of pick-up truck kits from eBay gotta make the wife head over and check the P.O. Box tomorrow.

Found the Duster/Demon decal sheet from The Last Detail- cost more than I would have liked but had been looking for a while

!CE0DDpwBGk~$(KGrHqJ,!loE1FyWh)OHBNTFrp(n+Q~~_12.JPG

So your the one that outbid me on it? B) Your should scan tehm and make the decals again, I would need about 10 sheets of them for all the Demon's I have.

Me likey and me wanty!! :lol::lol:

:lol: :lol:

I didn't know how hard it was to find one till I found out a friend had one and he wasn't

willing to give it up.

It even took me a while to find one cheap enough even for me to find. :unsure:

The only reason I wanted one was a friend at work had one that i could have bought for only

$3500 with a new engine and it was always garaged.

The claim for getting a new engine was it sat soo long that the carbon build up ruined the

engine some how.

MMmmmmm. I've never heard of that happening before but I don't know anything about rotory

Engines so it could be plausible??

I could kick myself in the but for not getting it when I could've but it wasn't my type of

ride.

Lack of ground clearance ;):lol:

I got some interesting stuff, some of them from far Japan in order to start to play with a 1/43 F1 project I already started. Now, I have all the "goddies & toys" to play with. Let's see what had the mailman busy these past days:

K&S Tubing and Stainless Steel rod

DSC_0480.jpg

DSC_0482.jpg

Acus-tion Anchor set and Goodyear tire Template

DSC_0483-1.jpg

DSC_0492.jpg

CSC_0486-1.jpg

CSC_0488-1.jpg

DSC_0495.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0494-1.jpg

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Edited by simonr

Well I bought a new rig from my friend for $500 bucks! Great running V6 to boot! Certainly not perfect but I stole this one!. Also I Met the Band Rev Theory and went to the concert and got a pick from them and a 8x10 picture autographed. I suggest thier live show to you rockers out there!

DSC00143.jpg

DSC00142.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

Over the weekend I bought three dirtbikes for my son,my daughters boyfriend and myself. My hobby room may be sacrificed.

IMAG0880.jpg

Don't worry Greg, I'll be out with a U-Haul, we wouldn't want you to be tight on space! :lol:;)

In my corner of the world my eBay win got here finally...no pictures but it included

AMT 1953 Ford F100 (AMT/Ertl repop of the Trophy Series kit)

AMT 1957 Chevrolet Cameo

AMT Cadillac Escalade P/U

Revell '99 Chevrolet Silverado

I also picked up the current version of the Revell '66 El Camino at the LHS...only went for 2 bottles of Tamiya paints...darn this addicti...err hobby.

Edited by niteowl7710

What? Another original '71 MPC Road Runner? :unsure:

Dang, I'm just gonna stop trying to win one. :D

Well they may not be Models but Car related.

Found these while wondering around Wallys world.

TopGearDVDs.jpg

I'd like to find season #1 to see how it all got started.

In all honestly you probably won't like the beginning it makes Road and Track seem fun and interesting. But it is neat to the old cars.

Well this week i got one of my Evil bay wins Tamiya 1/12th scale Martini 935 turbo, was also at Ollie's ( think Big Lots) they had a huge shipment of Lindberg kits cheep. got 3 crown vics one white 2 CHP. then today my Lovely and Beautiful and Caring wife let me stop at one of the Hobby Shops and picked up pegasus hobbies dragster and funny car front wheel sets along with a set of 19" hellas. and hopefully my other Ebay win another 1/12th scale porsche 934 jagermeister version. Plus this week a co-worker sold me two Johan Sox&Martin superbird kits he bought about 20 years ago one built but not painted or decaled and the other in the box complete in pieces for a steal. i will have pics later so . Now to let the wife get me those Lancia stratos cars off the net :unsure:

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...