Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

What is the greenish colored thing next to the Prowler? and pardon my lack of muscle car knowledge what is the car to the right of the green thing?

I think your talking about this one? If so it's a 1970 (re-tooled 1969) Dodge Charger. The kit is from the movie The Fast and the Furious. It's made by AMT.

DSC09943.jpg

What is the greenish colored thing next to the Prowler? and pardon my lack of muscle car knowledge what is the car to the right of the green thing?

The green car appears to be a custom '86 Chevy Monte Carlo SS, made into a sedan delivery of sorts.

The green car appears to be a custom '86 Chevy Monte Carlo SS, made into a sedan delivery of sorts.

Sorry I somehow missed that he asked about the green one and only saw that he asked about the one next to it on the right. Your right about the Monte Carlo. It's actually a Nascar body. I was looking into it closely after my post and it's molded in yellow. I believe it was originally the Monte from the Dale Earnhardt Monte/Pontiac 2 pack. The car is a heavily modified body with mainly Nascar chassis and Drag tires. Here is a couple more pics. Who ever did the conversion was creative. I hope to smooth it out (Needed more sanding before paint) and add detail.

DSC09935.jpg

DSC09937.jpg

DSC09938.jpg

I think your talking about this one? If so it's a 1970 (re-tooled 1969) Dodge Charger. The kit is from the movie The Fast and the Furious. It's made by AMT.

Sorry I somehow missed that he asked about the green one and only saw that he asked about the one next to it on the right. Your right about the Monte Carlo. It's actually a Nascar body. I was looking into it closely after my post and it's molded in yellow. I believe it was originally the Monte from the Dale Earnhardt Monte/Pontiac 2 pack. The car is a heavily modified body with mainly Nascar chassis and Drag tires. Here is a couple more pics. Who ever did the conversion was creative. I hope to smooth it out (Needed more sanding before paint) and add detail.

Thanks, I mildly feel special I thought it was a Charger and I thought the front end of the delivery Monte looked like a Monte Carlo but I asked anyway. Guess my car knowledge is better than I thought.

Edited by ra7c7er

Tamiya 1/6 Honda CB750. Not this one; it's an image I lifted off the 'net. I got a partially built one off ebay.

5059868651_466da0e940.jpg

Japanese chopper!!! I wanted an engine with more displacement. I have a 1/6 scale 250 wheel & tire. Seems like overkill for a 750. I may just use the kit wire wheels.

Well, two days ago the the Ken Block Fiesta wing came in for my regular Fiesta

IMG_3083.jpg

The todya I picked these up at the Dupage show today. Didn't spend a lot, but more than I intended (which was the entrance fee, fuel cost there and back, as well as a Slurpee run on the way home :) ) The Matadors were being sold for $15 a piece and I picked them up for $20, one viper and the Monza (which needs tires) was $5 and $6 dollars, but picked them up for $10, the second Viper was $6, and the Road Runner was $10.

IMG_3090.jpg

Got these yesterday:

IMG_0423-1.jpg

Don't waste your money on the Shelby as it is pretty poor. I knew what to expect because I built one back in the 70s but the mold quality and fit of everything is bad in this kit. The colored plastic seems rubbery and was oily with mold release agent. Also the wheel backs just fall through the tires although the fronts fit OK.

If Round 2 is trying to attract new modelers with this kind of kit they are only going to scare them away. This one should be retired except for maybe the body itself.

grumpy gus

Edited by GrumpyGus

Al from Ma's Resin is the best - no question about it.

What he said!

As to what I got today, epic haul!

Minicraft Rat Trap Pick 'Em Up (1:16 scale '31 Ford Model A closed cab)

Lindberg Dodge Dakota

Polar Lights Love Bug

Galaxie '47 Chevy Sedan

Monogram Ice T

MRC Keystone Klassic/Goodyear Polyglas wheel/tire set

Two Revell-o-Gram Caddilac V8 Parts Paks

AMT annual '62 Tempest kit body

Big ol' bag of spare parts, including an AMT Peterbilt cab

Just got this in the mail today from MSHobbies. Tamiya's re-issued Mclaren M8A in 1/18 scale. Let me take a moment to praise MSHobbies, they are the best mail order company I have ever dealt with. They carry kits, photo etched, all types of detail parts and decals. I always check them first when I need something.

grq4_d33_u9fk1.jpg

Awesome, I was eye ballin one of those the other day..

Gotta clean out all my Old R/Cs before I get another one tho. :(

Lol...Yeah,that's what i did too :D

If you decide to get rid of some of your old RCs, shoot me a PM,I may be able to take a couple off your hands :blink:

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...