Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Well, I got me another can of clearcoat on the way. The first can I got, when i pressed down on the nozzle, paint started to bubble up and along the sides of the spray nozzle and forming a fountain out of the can. Thankfully, I did this outside so I only ended up clearcoating the goggles, gloves, ground, and garbage clothes i was wearing just in case something like this happened. I immediately called up the store i got the paint from (that automotivetouchup.com place I've been gleaming about) and they apologized for what they said was a faulty nozzle assembly and have immediately shipped out a replacement. The place was great and even though I was only using the paints for model car building (and they don't react at ALL with the plastic or the 16 year old decals from the kit i'm building), they still treated me like a valued customer and have made it right. I will be purchasing all of my model car building paints from them if I can. It's nice to see such great customer service. I did get one layer of clear on the hard top I've been using as a test subject, and the color and depth and shine is amazing. Will post a picture asap.

I just splashed out on a better airbrush, a compressor, masking tape, thinners and some paint. I'm going to get into the airbrushing and my beginners set with canned propellant was never going to get me far ! The hobby shop bloke must have loved me today !

This stuff all arrived about 3 weeks ago and some i got from my LHS

011-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

And this my wife picked it up at work for my birthday , should make a good storage center for all the after market stuff, model parts etc

i am going to put styrene dividers in some of the trays it has a wack of storage space

013-4.jpg

And this my wife picked it up at work for my birthday , should make a good storage center for all the after market stuff, model parts etc

i am going to put styrene dividers in some of the trays it has a wack of storage space

013-4.jpg

Hi Daryl,

If you were thinking of using this for paint storage, I would recommend against it. I had one of these, and they are really flimsy. I used mine for paint, and the casters broke under the weight.

Hi Daryl,

If you were thinking of using this for paint storage, I would recommend against it. I had one of these, and they are really flimsy. I used mine for paint, and the casters broke under the weight.

No i got a rack for paint on the wall this is just for decals,aftermarket parts etc, try and get some stuff of my benches

Today I got to put some coats of Admiral Blue Metallic on some parts of my current build, and I also got to test out the use of white Testors decal paper to reinforce the semi-transparent white color of the kit decals. I love this new paint I have. :D

dsc00094h.jpg

new001.jpgWent to Hobby Lobby this morning with 2 of the 40 % off coupons. Since I have become more interested in "old school" customs I picked up these kits. Also got some paints. I bought one kit and my wife bought the other since the coupon is only good for one item and you can only use 1 per visit. One kit ended up being 13 bucks and the other was 14 bucks. You can't beat that. Now to finish my 49 Merc and start one of these.

Edited by cobraman

This is a bunch of stuff I got over the last week or two. The first two are a couple of vintage magazine ads from a garage sale. First one is for the 1967 GTO and the second is for the Hurst Dual-gate (his and hers) shifter.IMG_3316.jpgIMG_3317.jpgThese are some kits I got. My wife got me the 612 at a thrift store for a couple bucks. It's started/painted, but it'll be stripped and I'll start it over. The rest are kits I got off of ebay.IMG_3348.jpgAnd finally, I was due for a new phone, so I picked up the new EVO 4G LTE. Many more features than the first EVO.IMG_3349.jpg

Edited by The70judgeman

The paints I got from the LHS, and the XS tunning wheels I got off of ebay, for both sets of wheels it was $12.50 with shipping, I really like these wheels, and the brakes that come with them are nice as well. I still would rather get Fujimi wheels but these are nice and cheaper alternative ;)

p1-12.jpg

Jonathan,that's the same wheels I used ontheDodge Daytona semi-rep of the 1:1 I used to own,cool scor,Brother!!! :D

Today I picked up a Moebius '2 Hudson Hornet ragtop at the model store in the flea market (he's a bit high on everythng...$27.75 for this one,but by the time I'd pay shipping from online or tax at Hobbytown..... :rolleyes: )

Jonathan , you must have went to Skip's at Tri-Cities Flea-market.I've known Skip and Brenda his wife for a long time now. Yes his prices are a little steep, but he usually has what you want or will order it for you. Holler at me later on,tim.

Jonathan , you must have went to Skip's at Tri-Cities Flea-market.I've known Skip and Brenda his wife for a long time now. Yes his prices are a little steep, but he usually has what you want or will order it for you. Holler at me later on,tim.

I think you meant Steve :lol:

Steve, the XS wheels are nice, I still prefer Fujimi or aoshima wheels, but these fill that void for when I dont want to spend the extra for them, and at $4.00 a pop, I am going to start stocking on them while I can

Now if I can just remember what builds I wanted to put the wheels on that would be great :o

Edited by martinfan5

Casey, nice kits you got there, now the question is, did you get those from certain site, that certain seller thinks he is selling gold plated kits and parts? :lol:

Yes, they are both from eBay, but neither is from pj-toys. The Jimmy was a Best Offer and the Stepside has a messed up cab roof which will be addressed once the Monogram Revell 1/24 GMC 4x4 kit drops. ;)

Yup,you meant me,and yup,that's him :D You're right,he almost ALWAYS has what I'm looking for,and has ordered for me a time or two. Wasn't really a complaint against him on pricing so muc as the hobby in general (like I sad,by the time one pays sipping or tax elsewhere,it's about the same),LOL! I likes em,they's always willing to stand and talk shop too,and they nver tell the wife when I've snuck in there,hahaha,even helped watch that one day to se if she was coming up the isle while I paid :lol:

Well today was the last day of monster mopar weekend . in st louis.. an the only day i could go .. so all the good stuff was prolly gone cuz it is a 3 day event)

but i did score a sealed with the venture tag still on w/a price of 8.59.. a 70 pro street coronet for 10.00 bucks

good deal indeed. lol

later days

Edited by mopar01lee

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...