Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Picked up the Shelby GT350R at the lhs and the motor city muscle '69 camaro for 40% off at hobby lobby. Last Saturday I picked up the 2010 Shelby GT500 kit, some paint, and a couple magazines at the lhs. Now I just need to find time to build...

What?

For most of the last six or seven years, the General Court of the Commonwealth (the state legislature of Massachusetts) has declared usually the second weekend in August a sales tax holiday. Sales tax on all items except restaurants, cars, boats and ATV-type things, up to $2500, is cancelled. This was done to help a lot of retailers, who usually have a tough time paying their bills in August, draw in some business, particularly for big items like white goods, furniture and electronics.

With my club discount, I effectively got a 26.25% discount on my model.

New York and New Jersey have been doing this off and on for years in one form or another.

Charlie Larkin

For most of the last six or seven years, the General Court of the Commonwealth (the state legislature of Massachusetts) has declared usually the second weekend in August a sales tax holiday. Sales tax on all items except restaurants, cars, boats and ATV-type things, up to $2500, is cancelled. This was done to help a lot of retailers, who usually have a tough time paying their bills in August, draw in some business, particularly for big items like white goods, furniture and electronics.

With my club discount, I effectively got a 26.25% discount on my model.

New York and New Jersey have been doing this off and on for years in one form or another.

Charlie Larkin

That is really cool, thanks for the info, I had no idea about that.

Almost bought that ghostbuster ecto 1a at hobby lobby today with my 40% of coupon. Bought the amt diamond reo truck instead. Was wondering how that ghostbuster kit was. Need to look around in here, there's got to be some info on it. I wouldn't build it as a ghostbuster vehicle either, it would be..........well I don't know. I'd have to think about it. Ken

its going to be a pain to convert it into much different but its doable as im doing it. lol. Its got ribs on the roof for the rack and a few rbs on the side of the body and then the interior has a few things in it that need changed. and its a total curbside.

That is really cool, thanks for the info, I had no idea about that.

If you like the idea, petition your state legislature. It's a growing trend in the northeast, and has been helpful for many stores and service providers, all of whom get their sales taxes waived for the weekend.

Charlie Larkin

Well not today but over the weekend we went to NY to see famliy and stopped at A couple stores and got 12 cans of Dupli Color paint old brand,for $3, 10 HOK Paint brushes for $10 and a revell olds 442 convertible kit new for $7.00 good weekend!!!

I just received some auto paint from Zero. Airfreighted all the way from England out to NZ without an issue.

My last order from HobbyLink Japan was intercepted by the Japanese Postal Service and returned to Hobbylink because it contained a 40ml container of Tamiyas' Mark Fit decal softner which the

Japanese Postal Service deemed to be a dangerous liquid.

Go figure.

IMG_1827.jpg

I went to swap out a bad can of Tamiya clear (seemed to be a very old can,Hobbytown here is full of awesome guys,swapped it right out with apologies),wound up swapping to Testors (they were out of Tamiya,and I got 2 cans outta the deal :D ),and bought the rereleased AMT 70's boat load of Impala,I have idears for the included trailer :)

My newest hauls, since I decided to collect a few rare kits, and actually starting restoring a couple old built-ups.

Newstuff2.jpg

Demonresto.jpg

Stripped the demon in purple pond, pics of it how I got it, and on stand ready for primer. Gonna use Duster for some donor parts, it was missing motor. Its my second mpc 71 trans am kit, first I got cheapo, this one is still in the bags, in awesome condition, so now I can build the first one I got.

51 Chevy is original, sealed got it for 10.00, for the Chevelle convertible is sealed, but some caving, debating whether to open.

Edited by prostockmania

I just received some auto paint from Zero. Airfreighted all the way from England out to NZ without an issue.

My last order from HobbyLink Japan was intercepted by the Japanese Postal Service and returned to Hobbylink because it contained a 40ml container of Tamiyas' Mark Fit decal softner which the

Japanese Postal Service deemed to be a dangerous liquid.

Go figure.

IMG_1827.jpg

Steve make a quality product! His hand-stitiched leather wallets are nice as well. B)

Just a new set of driveshafts for my Cherokee Scale R/C truck, blew both of the old ones out on a trail run/cardio session Tuesday. Just using the home made Traxxas conversion I was using before since it was cheap and already put up with years of torture. Had I bought some heavy duty driveshafts, they retail for around $60............if I used a junkyard, the same repair on my 1/1 Cherokee probably wouldn't cost much more :P

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...